1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thanks again Priuschat!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by stillageek, Jun 9, 2012.

1. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was sitting in the service area waiting on an oil change for my 2004 Prius (right at 90K miles). I'd just replaced my own engine air and cabin filter before I left the house. I figured there was nothing they would "recommend" as I stay on top of upkeep.

It appeared that the service of the day was "Throttle Body Cleaning" and "Fuel Injection Service" as two other customers waiting with me were told they needed them.

I hopped on Priuschat.com on my Ipad and searched a bit. I found I could do both for under $15. Sure enough they recommended I do both for $220 total. I declined.

I cleaned my throttle body this morning and put a bottle of fuel injector cleaning in the tank this afternoon.

Too bad there isn't a donate button as I would gladly help out. I've saved a lot of money over the years.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Next time ignore the fuel injector can completely.

3. maestro8

maestro8 Nouveau Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    +1

A proper fuel injector cleaning requires pulling the injectors and placing them in an ultrasonic bath. Not recommended unless you have issues with combustion.

As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Galaxy Nexus ? 2