1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

THANKS for all the Clearbra help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lalawhite, Oct 1, 2008.

1. lalawhite

lalawhite New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    As I posted before, my '05 Prius was totaled in an accident and after a couple of weeks, we picked up our new '09 Touring, package 6. After reading the forums, it seemed one of the most recommended things to do was the Clearbra. I called a couple of places mentioned in the boards (around SoCal) and finally settled on one certified installer. He's mobile so he came to my house and I am SO glad I did it. He did the front bumper, hood, lights, side mirrors, side panels, and roof. It looks amazing and I already know it's so going to be worth the cost. My '05 had so many little scratches and chips after less than a year that it always bummed me out to see. So THANK YOU for all your help and guidance in this. i've learned so much from this place.

FYI - Peter, the installer, does both the VentureShield and 3M. As an experiment, I asked him to wrap the hood in the VentureShield and everything else in 3M. I'm curious as to what the difference will be and how each will hold up in the long run.

2. Santiago

Santiago New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yeah, I too profited from the posts. I went the ClearBra route and with all the road construction in-town and trucks on I-40, its a given that it will pay for itself if you value how the front of your Prius looks.:usa2:

3. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm pretty sure that 3M owns both companies.

4. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Great news.

I am intrigued that you did that "test" using the 2 products. When I got Ventureshield on Carmine, the installer told me:
    - they are both owned by 3M
    - the price is the same
    - the Ventureshield is the better product
    - Ventureshield is a lifetime warranty, 3M is only 5 years. So I went with the Ventureshield.

Keep us posted over time!

5. aimhye

aimhye New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I finally got my prius, I waited so long (3.5 months) I now have a 2009!. Luv it.

I'm now deciding what is important to add, and after a long road trip this weekend giving me my first rock chip, I know I need some more paint protection.

I wonder if anyone knows a good place to get the ventureshield or 3M protection in Central Oregon area? If I go to a body shop (is this the best place), how do I know if they are good?

Thanks

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    www.ventureshield.com has a page that lists installers by state. Don't know how close you'll be to one. I drove across NJ for mine (not the skinny part).

7. aimhye

aimhye New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks Jim, another trip looks necessary to get to one of these certified installers, but would be better than looking and wondering every day when the next chip is going to appear.