1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thanks for all your help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DSNau, Feb 20, 2016.

1. DSNau

DSNau New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not sure where's the best place to post this, but I want to say thanks to the active community of people here. I've been reading the site obsessively during the past two months while trying to decide on a new car, and the information you've provided has been immensely helpful.

My wife and I are now a two-Prius family. She's been a Prius owner for nearly a decade, and last night I traded in an elderly (1998) Lexus for a 2016 Prius Four. It's the same red color as in the Superbowl ad, but luckily I didn't have to rob any banks to get it ;). The main reason for getting a Four is because of the adjustable lumbar support (a necessity for me because of some back problems).

Both of us like the idea of an all-electric car, and we had seriously considered getting one instead of the new Prius -- but the current ones either have limitations that I'd have trouble living with (Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf), or cost *way* more than I'd be willing to pay (Tesla). I tried test-driving a Volt, but the driver's seat had no lumbar support at all -- which is a deal-breaker for me (see previous paragraph).

Tideland Prius, ftl and bisco like this.
  2. Zojja

Zojja Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    yay! I also have the red and I love it :)

although I admit I would've bought the Tesla if I had a good place to plug it in and considered our options but short of buying a new house, I don't currently have the ability. Plus I figure the technology is only getting better.

DSNau likes this.
  3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    We just bought a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek. It had a light colored cloth interior (my wife will no longer accept any car with a light colored interior) and no lumbar support so we had a third party install black leather and electric lumbar support (driver's side) for $1400.

My 2004 Prius will hit 300k miles in about a year. I am still hoping that Toyota will add eAWD as an option in the 2017 model year (it is available in the Japanese market).

JeffD

DSNau likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats o/p, all the best!(y)

DSNau likes this.
  5. DSNau

DSNau New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Agreed. I think that to fully appreciate the color, it must be seen in person. It looks better than in any of the pictures I had seen.

Also - I know some Priuschat readers disagree with this, but I really like the overall design. I think it's more attractive than previous Priuses.
    For me it wouldn't be worth it - especially since I live 3 miles from work, and commute by bicycle whenever I can :).

6. Zojja

Zojja Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I also agree it looks better than previous versions. Also, my situation is worse in that I work from home but the Prius is now our weekend car and car I use for errands, going to the gym or occasional work meetings.