1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thanks for responding to 'Prius vs. non-hybrid Civic' yesterday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pola, May 11, 2007.

1. pola

pola New Member

will keep ya'll posted. you did a fine job of convincing me...

p.s. my boyfriend, who posted re: return on investment re: Prius vs. non-hybrid Civic spoke to his cousin yesterday in CA. who raved about her Prius, so he is going with me today.

http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1228 NOW LOOK AT THIS !!! He found this new EV car that is supposed to come out next year in the US, and is reasonably priced... don't you know Toyota is worried about this ???

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ May 11 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]439982[/snapback]</div>
    Pola, I don't think Toyota is worried about this car. First, the entrance barriers to the American market are high. This effectively keeps out small upstart niche companies. The big corporations CRASH more cars in a year than the small company can produce. Second, the contracts of existing dealers may (probably) block them from selling the new company's products. Third, are there a significant number of Americans that will support a car without a track record of reliability from a new foreign company that could very well disappear quickly? Just look at what Toyota has gone through to manufacture and sell their hybrids. How many people do you think are going to plop down $30,000 for an electric car?

DeLorean had trouble selling a premium car and he had a solid automotive reputation. I'd like to see them compete and find success but again, and this goes for everyone, until there is one on the lot that can be purchased it's vaporware.

The Chinese company could buy advertizing space in fortune cookies. Every cookie would have "You will find true happiness behind wheel of Chinese electric car." on one side of the fortune and a coupon good at the local dealer on the other. (If this actually happens, remember that you read it here first.)

3. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 11 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]440311[/snapback]</div>
    Very good points, Jim, thanks !
    pola