1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That sucked, but there is light at end of tunnel

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigdaddy, Jun 24, 2005.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Yesterday morning, noticed some trans fluid underneath the Jeep. This morning, more there than yesterday. Had just spent $600 6+ months ago on transmission, with 6 month warranty that was up a few weeks ago. Looked like a gasket was going.

Since my new Prius is expected in 12 days, and I didn't want to fight trans repair shop, and I didn't want to try to sell a jalopy on my own, I drove it to Carmax and sold the beast for about $500 less than I expected to sell it for anyway (not too bad, but inconvenient). I had just finished putting a Zaino polish on the jeep (practicing for when prius gets here), so maybe that Zaino shine swayed the appraiser in my favor.

Anyway, now having to borrow mother-in-law's premium-fuel-only 14.2 MPG caddie for the next two weeks. Can't even get the tanker into the garage.

C'mon toyota, unload my baby off the boat so I can be driving around in style soon.....

Waiting in patience... BigDaddy

2. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know the feeling. The transmission went out on my wife's 1980 Toyota Corona. (I was worried about that happening and had ordered a Prius nearly three months before) Only I had no idea how much longer it would be for the Prius to arrive.

I bit the bullet and had the transmission fixed and within two weeks I had my Prius. Since then, my wife has been driving the 2000 Camry and the Corona has been drven less than one mile.