1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Americans and the Japanese...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rancid13, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Americans and The Japanese

The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day the Japanese won by a mile.

The American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommend corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized.

The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers, and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles!

Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem.

2. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ha! That sounds like the good old US of A... lol....

I'm from Singapore btw... :)

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Tell me about i! Anybody heard about six sigma?

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What happened to american team b who hired 20 illegals for the price of that first rower?

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 10 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]300824[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. That about sums it up.

I've read that the best and brightest American engineers go into armaments design, while the best and brightest Japanese engineers go into consumer products design (e.g. the Prius). The result: the U.S. has the world's most advanced weaponry, while Japan has the best consumer products. If they attack us again we can whup their nice person, but before too much longer they're going to own everything here.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just another chance to rip America huh guys. Pityful. <_<

Wildkow

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 14 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]303273[/snapback]</div>
    It was HUMOR dude, get over it. ;)

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Aug 14 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]303294[/snapback]</div>
    You are oh so right! It WAS humor.
    I laughed the first time I read it several years ago.
    Now I just roll my eyes every time I see it repeated. :rolleyes:
    http://www.uaw.org/solidarity/00/0900/humor01.html

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Aug 14 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]303294[/snapback]</div>
    The orginial post was and it was funny, the follow ups were not and like I said just another chance to tear down the USA. Still pityful bordering on pathetic when someone tries to defend the people that do that.

Wildkow

10. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 10 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]300991[/snapback]</div>
    You work for Motorola?

I work for a six sigma company... that resembles the American boat race team :p