1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheAnnoyingOne, May 21, 2007.

1. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [attachmentid=8201]

Attached Files:

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A. This is old.

B. Your modern neo-con version get riffed on at (worth scrolling into the comments to read the William Gaines one from Mad Magazine in the 1950s):
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/1/173422/8712

C. Personally, I prefer the Futurama version (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ant_and_the_Grasshopper )

In the Futurama episode My Three Suns, Fry recounts the story of The Grasshopper and the Octopus as a rationalization for laziness: "All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also, he got a racecar."

3. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Someone needs to add a segment in that story where the grasshopper complains about the kind of food the ant stored up for the winter forcing new federal guidelines on food storage, it's not just what you like, but what the grasshopper may require in the winter as well.

Leading by example, Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, and John Kerry gave their combined fortunes to the poor so that the rest of us would see their leading and all want their social policies as law....

'er... scratch that... All three kept their own stash for themselves, they only want YOU to give it all into the common money pit so THEY can be the ones to give it all out.

4. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ May 21 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]446715[/snapback]</div>
    A. MEA CULPA for not researching the subject before posting it :(
    B. It would equally apply to any government. :angry:
    C. I respect your opinion. :lol:

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Dispite the normal name calling, the parable rings true beween the Liberal Agenda 's way of thinking & everyone elses way of thinking. unless it directly effects themselves. :huh:

The Ant & the Grasshopper is a good parable to explaint the Liberal mind set. ;) :)

Some thimes the truth hurts.. :rolleyes:

6. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ May 22 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]447365[/snapback]</div>
    Where are all these imaginary lazy liberals?

Here's what I'd do (and all of my friends) if I lost my job.

1. Apply anywhere and everywhere for a new job. Perservere until I found work.
    2. Cut back on all non-essential spending (i.e., no more cell phones, fast food, internet, etc.)
    3. ONLY if I ended up in a minimum wage job that could not support my family (and yes, I'd try to get more than one) would I try to appeal to the government for help.
    (note: these are NOT conservative values, they are HUMAN values, shared by most)

Liberals believe that society is responsible for the less fortunate, because our capital system constantly creates low-wage jobs which do not support hard-working families.

As the ant in the story (since I DO have a good job, income, etc.), I would take pity on the poor, stupid grasshopper and invite him to share my meals over the winter. In the meantime, I'd help the guy come up with a plan for the next year, showing him how to gather food, etc. (Christian values, BTW). ONLY if he refused again in the summer to work would I say, "you're on your own".

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ May 22 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]447365[/snapback]</div>
    I guess truth (which has a known liberal bias) does hurt; this would explain why Rush is always on "pain medication".

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ May 22 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]447376[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 22 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]447382[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol:

Maybe its different where you live, But here I see plenty of people the sit and collect welfare/wik/medicaid/ect. living in/under goverment housing authorities. We are talking $78 - $200 a month rent (AKA The Projects) over in a city called sanford, it has 5 project areas there is more crime located in those areas than the rest of the county combined (I read the stats).

10 years ago I worked for a company installing TV antennas on the buildings.. If your stuff wasn't locked up it would walk away..... I have driven through the area looking to hire some people to help with the installs, I was willing to pay $10.00 an hr. but know one wanted to have to work ie (dig a hole w/post-hole diggers or unroll coax.(sweat a little).

I did have one person that helped secure the cable to the eves until he took off with my new $150. cordless drill. Hmm maybe I just misunderstood him, he obviously needed the drill worse than I did.... :unsure:

I did have a chance to talk to a 26 yr old girl while working there, she had 7 kids and another on the way! :blink: I asked her why so many? she told me the system paid her way and that she didn't have to work, sad thing was most of the kids were from different fathers... :huh: :mellow:

Also back in the day 10 yrs, I used to wash my clothes at a local laundry mat and listen to the african american women bragg about the more kids you had the more money the goverment pays them... (It turned my stomac). :wacko:

I believe there are people that can't work, and deserve the assistance. But there are so many that can work, but choose not to, and why should they bother? if they dont have to...

Kinda like those people who use their family members handicap placard just to park close to the door, and they are not handicapped! I seize their placards and issue them the $200. ticket.. <_<