1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Chicago Prius Group

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Feb 9, 2007.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Danny registered the domain http://chicagopriusgroup.com for us and I have moved the website to it's long-term location.

In the last couple days, I've been putting more pictures up there from meet-ups. When I had it on Geocities, I had to worry about storage space and also access limitations. Over the weekend I plan to add a "2006 Hybridfest" page.

Please give me any feed-back on layout, navigation, content, and anything else. One thing I'm thinking of is a "Members' Section" where people can create their own page and post it - or maybe just a collection of photos of members with their cars. We could even take some of the pictures at meet-ups in the future.

Also, I want to add a page or something about "Winter Prius Driving" since it affects all of us Chicagoans.

One last thing, be on the look-out for meet-up notifications pertaining to Grossinger Toyota. They have already offered to host at least two meetings in 2007. I'm going to contact other Toyota dealers to see if they are interested in doing the same.

You can post your feedback here or test the "Contact Us" link. It points to [email protected].

2. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :D You are the master. Thank you for your efforts doing this. Now we have to create more pictures to put on the site.

Wayne

3. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Tony! The site looks great. Really hoping to make the next meet!--Scott

4. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've added a few more meet-up albums.
    Additionally, since I got gas this morning and updated my mileage spreadsheet, I started a page of CPG member mileage charts, spreadsheets, or however we track our mileage. I figure that this way we can have a group representation of real-world mileage. It's not as fancy as the databases on CleanMPG and GreenHybrid; I don't have those fancy tools. But if anyone wants to send me their current mileage charts, I will throw them online.

5. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Feb 10 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]388294[/snapback]</div>
    A couple comments:

Under modifications, you could put the grill-blocking technique, even though it doesn't cost scores of dollars like the other mods do. Obviously more could go in here, depending on time and interest (hitch receiver, bike racks, block heaters, etc.)

I have a couple pictures of the July '06 meet-up if you want some more. They were on PC until the great hack-in incident.

Under driving tips, 42/40 isn't over the pressure rating for the tire, altho it sounds like it is the way it's worded. It is over the recommended pressure for the car, but the tire can obviously handle more pressure. Maybe pro/cons on tire replacement (better winter traction, less mpg with many replacements).

I take issue with the fuel-efficiency chart (to a degree). 55 mpg might be best for cars, specifically 4-speed transmissions (actually 45-50 is more believable based on what I've read, except for some anecdotal stories), but the Prius gets the best mileage lower than that. (I think 30-35 is the optimum, but I can't remember which thread had that chart, and it's kinda generic thing to search on at PC). But the point that speed matters is valid, so unless you want to get real technical, it's okay.

I'll send my mileage chart when I get the chance. But this week is much better...I was struggling to be over 37 mpg during the temps of -5 to +10'F (I have a blocked grill, but only a 15-20 minute commute), and after 1.5 days of warm weather commuting I'm up over 39 already (same tank). How tough would it be to make a graph using your temperature column and my mpg column if they have different dates (I'm only asking because you're obviously better at Excel than I am).

6. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I recently received permission, via email, to post the Driving Change Network newsletters on the Chicago Prius Group website. If you didn't know, the Driving Change Network is a project from the Union for Concerned Scientists.

Soon I'll be providing links for archives since I have them all.

It's in the "Links" section. Check it out!