1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Convenience of Being Wasteful

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by FL_Prius_Driver, May 17, 2008.

1. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Being a Prius Owner has resulted in being asked about other environmental actions. This has probably happened to many others on PC as well. This trend is increasing. Not since 2001/2002 have I been getting this many questions about what the "real drawbacks" of a Prius are. It seems that the convenience of being wasteful is getting too expensive. Now when I expose the strange myths about the PRIUS, most listen. (e.g. "You cannot get the return on your investment"......does not have traction at $4.00/gal)

How many others are experiencing this?

The best part is that I can state that my "environmental" thinking in 2001 has resulted in a much better financial situation than the "financial" thinking used by others.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah, I noticed the interest level going up recently. I rarely drive the Prius anymore but have had 2 strangers make comments about the mileage over the past month.

My primary car now is a Zenn and I get questions about it 2 or 3 times a week.

So many people are passing on the huge rebates we have around here for solar panels because of the same financial argument. When the energy prices get high enough to justify buying solar panels the rebates will all be gone.

3. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Excellent Point.

Right now I'm surprising many folks by stating that as soon as an viable electric car is available, that's the next vehicle.....which of course, results in another whole set of myths and misconceptions to correct.

4. ShinerBTX

ShinerBTX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :madgrin: Talking about wasteful ! Me and the wife drove out to a bbq place to eat lunch this past Sunday and what we saw was appaling to both of us. A couple came in and told the waiter we need to set by the window so she could see her "puppy" They drove up in a Ford Expedition. Ok after a few sec's the puppy which turned out to be a full grown LAB appeared in the drivers seat-you know looking around asking -when are they coming back. Now the temp was around 96 degrees and I noticed that they had left all the windows rolled up. I love pets as well as anyone else and I said to the wife I hope they don't stay long ? Hmmm they stayed for a full meal.Sure enough when we left I noticed they had left the engine RUNNING so the dog could stay cool ! To me that is people just rubbing it in-I can afford gas at whatever cost. That is CRAP to me. And that is not the first time I have seen people do it-Come on Texans wise UP...:madgrin: