1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The coolest USB device I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TJandGENESIS, Sep 2, 2007.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [​IMG]

USB Beverage Chiller
    The CoolIT USB Beverage Chiller is the only way to keep your drink cold while you’re at your computer. And it looks cool on any desktop!

Just seconds after plugging the chiller into your computer’s USB port (no external outlet needed), the coldplate chills to 45 degrees Fahrenheit, the perfect temperature for keeping your beverage chilled.
    • Plugs into your computer’s USB port
    • Coldplate chills to 45°F
    • Keeps your beverage cold

Cool Link

I'm using it right now!

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 2 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]505744[/snapback]</div>
    Cool. But if you have to key in a password when you plug it into a public computer, what's to prevent a keystroke logger on that computer from grabbing your password???

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 2 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]505886[/snapback]</div>
    I have that one. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :ph34r:

I think this one is cool. Its made by Corsair and it keeps your data safe because its a hardware lock.
    [attachmentid=11057]

Attached Files:

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This one is a gotta have for less than $20.00 . . .

[attachmentid=11058]

The SATA/IDE-USB Adapter gives you the flexibility of connecting almost any type of drive to your computer via USB.  SATA, 3.5†IDE, 5.25†IDE, and 2.5†IDE (Laptop) drives are all supported and can be easily hot-swapped to your system.  The included external power adapter will allow you to power your drives outside your system giving you the ability to quickly add or swap between drives without opening your case.  The SATA/IDE-USB adapter incorporate 3 interfaces to one USB adapters.

NewEgg

Wildkow

Attached Files:

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Alright. I love Dr. Who and now must have a Tardis.
    But it make that sound when transferring files? Then again, I suppose that would get a bit annoying after a while.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 2 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]505918[/snapback]</div>
    Sound effects are optional and are controled via an on/off switch.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 2 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]505870[/snapback]</div>
    It doesn't matter if a public computer has a keystroke logger. So what if they have your password for your Ironkey . . . they won't have physical possession of your Ironkey when you leave, and your Ironkey is what provides the passwords for the individual web sites. [just tell me you aren't using the same passwords for your computer security AND web site logons. :eek: ]

How does this protect me against keystroke-logging spyware?

If you plug your IronKey into a computer that has keystroke logging software on it, or if your computer becomes infected with a keystroke logger, you will be protected because the IronKey Password Manager enters your passwords for you into your web pages, instead of you typing them in.

https://learn.ironkey.com/faqs/1#disp

Of course, you could always try to add another layer by using a Hardware Authenticator such as an RSA SecurID, which I already use . .
    [​IMG]
    http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/03/se...ty/source/7.htm

. . . but, if anyone got ahold of the IronKey, they would probably have the Hardware Authenticator too . . . unless you were to place it a locked briefcase . . . handcuffed to your arm . . . with a bodyguard standing over your shoulder . . . :lol:

11. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 2 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]505886[/snapback]</div>
    I went to Amazon and ordered the Doctor Who USB Hub. Keen find!

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 2 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]505980[/snapback]</div>
    In other words, nothing's foolproof. Looks like a good gadget, though, if you must use public computers.

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 2 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]505980[/snapback]</div>
    Reminds me of the time at Hybridfest when I was illustrating the SKS system. A guy suggested that if someone were to get ahold of my fob they could steal my Prius (and man was he proud that he had found the weakness in the system). I simply replied that if I got ahold of his keys I could just as easily steal his car. Security relies on a certain level of care given to the security mechanism.

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh. Oh. You want the ultimate coolest geeky USB devices. Try Solid Alliance. Unfortunately I don't read Japanese but I know a sushi USB stick when I see one.

Solid Alliance

They also have the rocket launcher, lava lamp and doomsday USB devices. And a really cool rhinestone mouse. But it's all in Japanese. I guess I'll just have to wait until Thinkgeek is back in stock.