1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Countdown Begins.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by New Revelation, Sep 29, 2006.

1. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, after talking to my dealer today, he has informed me that my car will be in on the 18th of October, which is great news! He also had my VIN number which he gave me as well, so soon I will be able to check into how much extra it would be to add to my existing policy with the 84 Olds. I'll also need to check with the Secretary of State here to see if I will be able to register the car ahead of time so that I can already have the plate by the time I can get the car.

Now only thing is, I won't be able to pick up the car until November 11th because my brother-in-law will be flying here from TX to help me with the drive to the dealership (which is 2 hours away apporx) to pick up the Prius. There will be no trade-in so my Olds will be coming back with me. I did let the dealer know of this (he knew from the beginning that I will be ready in Nov before I placed the deposit) and told me that it will be no problem and that the car is mine. I have faith that he is truthful on that, because I know how some places tend to sell out from under you in that dept.

So after the car arrives it will be sitting at least another 2 weeks before I can pick it up, since its impossible for me to do it during the week due to my work schedule so it will have to be done on a Saturday. Timing will be critical on my end for the next few weeks, but I am sure I will work it through. I am really looking forward to my new Prius!! :)

Any of you guys have had that experience where you had to wait an extra week or two before you were able to pick up your Prius?

2. billyboy

billyboy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Sep 28 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]325430[/snapback]</div>
    With such a popular model, leaving it unclaimed for 2 weeks is something I wouldn't do. One thing my dealer added which is a first for me in nearly 40 years of buying cars is they put a clause right on the invoice that says MUST take delivery within 72 hours.

Funny story... many years ago my family picked out a Christmas tree on about 12/15. It was a beauty, perfect. My dad put a deposit on it, and asked can you hold it for a few days? Guy says sure. My dad goes back, the tree is gone, so was the guy and not a single tree left. Apparently they sold this "perfect" treet over and over and took a deposit from a bunch of people. Lesson learned.
    :unsure:

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had to wait about a week to pick up mine. Hubby and I were in the mountains on a weeklong vacation and we got the "it's here!" call on day 2 of our vacation. We picked up the car a day after we returned home. If I'd known it'd be here that week, I'd have brought my paperwork and blank check with me so we could just pick it up on the way home since we passed within 5 miles of the dealership on our way back from our vacation so I could have gotten it that much sooner. :)