1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Dark Knight already getting amazing reviews

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was a huge fan of Batman Begins, and am really looking forward to The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger looks amazing in it, and Christian Bale looks like he's going to continue his awesomeness.

The first reviews are out (probably against WB's wishes), and so far they are very very very extremely very positive.

I can't wait for July 18th...

Movie Review: The Dark Knight | Film School Rejects

2. Froley1

Froley1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    most excellent
    Begins is the only real Batman movie to me----
    I always ask people who their favorite is superman or batman--as a personality indicator.....
    Froley

3. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I"m also really looking forward to this movie coming out, It happens to come out the day Hybridfest starts and I really want to see it, so I might end up trying to find a place in Madison to see it that evening.

My younger brother has a very small part as an extra in this movie. He seems to have found some connection with the movie people and when they come to Chicago to film movies he has been getting more opportunities to appear in some of the films. The part he has in this upcoming movie is very small, but I still will have to look for him in the one scene that he is in.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My son is in the film industry. I'm not sure how he saw it, but he told me he saw the first 6 minutes of the movie in HD. His only comment was "Sweet Jesus!"

It's going to be a great one.

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's been out a week now (and set new box office records), what's your consensus?

I thought Ironman was better. Ironman was poignant; Batman is just bleak. Ironman scenes had their implausibilties, but Batman scenes were unbroken sequences of outrageous impossibilities. The frustrated attraction between Paltrow & Downey in Ironman gave the movie heart (as did other circumstances and situations); the "romance" in Batman could be bottled and sold as refrigerant.

Ledger's Joker was a skillful work, carefully crafted, but left me unmoved. The lack of backstory (deliberately done to increase the irrational character's enigma) only made Joker flat, just another cartoon villain in a long parade of cartoon cinema villains.

So I give it a B, most of that B for its technical expertise. Story and characterization: C minus.

But I'm sure others of you have other ideas and impressions.

Danny, did it measure up to what you were expecting?