1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Day Has Come

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by heliotropehead, Oct 15, 2004.

1. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

The day has come... one whole week early!
    After a 7 month wait, I will be picking up my 2005 Silver Prius #BC tomorrow morning at 10am!
    :D :D :D :D :D

2. macreative

macreative New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead\";p=\"45406)</div>
    YAY!! Congratulations! I am so glad for you. You will love it. I have had mine for about 2.5 weeks now - such an awesome experience.

BTW - Is that a bengal kitty I see in your avatar? I have one.

3. heliotropehead

Thanks!

He's Siamese if you please! :)

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congradulations :mrgreen: Silver a great choice in color. Have fun and don't crash into anything looking at the screen. Multitasking is a major asset with this car.

5. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Where are you and where will the pick up be?

6. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats, Helio... have fun with your new Pruis..

Bob Andersen

7. heliotropehead

A few things after putting 525 miles on my perfect Silver BC '05 Prius:

1. The Extended Warranty was offered to me for $1,490. I politely declined and will be researching the offer on this site a little later in the week.

2. I have my tires at 42/40 and got knocked around by the wind a lot! I wonder if I change them to say 40/38 or something similar if that might correct this problem?

3. The panic button on my remote doesn't work & I didn't realize this until too late. I called the dealership and they said I'd need to bring the car by so they could set it up. The dealership is 6.5 hours away. Is this something I can do myself?? Please someone say yes!

4. When driving over rough surfaces I hear a rattle coming from the steering wheel area, I think. I read something about a comb a few days back and will search for that. Whatever the process, is that something that someone with zero knowledge of car parts can manage?

Otherwise, the car is just beautiful. I didn't have any problems on the trip home and my MPG is improving steadily.. I went from 26 allll the way to 58!!

:D

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You might need help finding it. Someone who can move their head around while you drive. The sounds frequently come from somewhere other than where you initially think they are.

9. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey congrats on geting your new silver prius. I agree a great color lol. Seek out Troy for your extended warranty. Can't beat the price he offers us here and plus he's a great guy to deal with. A++++! Got my 6yr/100k warranty last week for $870. I run 2lbs. above what the factory recommends for tire pressure and don't have any problems on highway with winds.