1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The dealer called!!!! but . . .

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Aug 1, 2004.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. I May soon, endurance running low.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My dealer called me earlier this week. Wishful thinking on my part that my "probably in October" Salsa #9 was in.

He said that Toyota Corporate wanted an updated waiting list from the dealers. (I made sure to tell him several times, and in several ways, "YES, I STILL WANT THE PRIUS".) He said very few have dropped off - most due to needing a replacement car NOW.

I'm curious to know if those who have signed up on several different dealer waiting lists have skewed, in Toyota Corporate's mind, the perceived pent-up demand for this car. Did you multi-list folk give the same name, address, and phone, each time? If so, did you receive more than one confirmation letter from Toyota Corporate?

How prevalant is multi-listing?
    I didn't.
    I like my dealer.
    Repete customer.
    No deposit, no mark-up.

2. hdpigott

hdpigott New Member

I picked up my Salsa Red #9 on Saturday. I'm still on several lists, but Monday I'll be removing my name from them. I used the same name with all the dealers, and I only got one letter from Toyota despite being on several lists.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Salsa Red #9 to boot . . . OUCH, that hurts! :(

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I "ordered" my car from just one dealership. I am willing to stick it out a little longer, but while I was originally I was told 3-4 months, I've just completed month 6. The best I've done is to have the dealer call to say that I was allocated. Unfortunately he called back a few days later and said that he was sorry but the car was a Package 8 not 9.

The wait continues.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I ordered locally with a expected delivery early next year. I have no reason to doubt them they were very up front with me, and I have not heard any bad reports from other Prius and Toyota owners. I ordered in May. I would like to take advantage of the tax credit this year.
    Because of several reports from Prius owners who got cars in Helena MT and because my son goes to school there I ordered one about 6 weeks ago and it arrived last Monday. I will fly in and get it in 2 weeks it was my first choice in color, package etc. I will give up my position locally when the papers are all signed.

6. mshappe

mshappe New Member

I multilisted -- once with a dealer here in town, once with a more rural dealer. The irony is that the car I'm likely to be picking up on Monday is with a third dealer entirely, who advertised a 'loose' Prius on one of the Yahoo! mailing lists.

I used the same name, address, and even credit card number for the deposit, with both. I saw no reason to be fraudulent about it. If Toyota Motor Sales of America decides to disallow multi-listing, I'm willing to make it easy for them. In the meantime, I'm also willing to exploit the system for my advantage. Frankly, the system is badly broken, and nobody is happy with it, from what I can tell...

I may keep one or both of my multiple listings, because my wife has actually expressed some interest, now, as well, and we have another car that will need replacing in the next year or so...

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I messed up :oops: thought the poll was for multi group boards.. I only listed with one dealer...was to get my car before the end of July..now salesman thinks Aug. 3rd thru 10th.. guess I'll still get an 04.. I am on a fast track..getting it in 60-65 days (maybe).. guess I'm getting one from someone who didn't wait.. I am open to three colors..Tideland, Driftwood, or Silver... last thing I was told it was GOLD...you'd think the dealer would know the colors.. I have NOT received a letter and got the key ring the old fashioned way (eBay)

Bob, waiting in Denver...day 55

8. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I checked with my dealer, John Elway Toyota in the Denver area yesterday to find out where I am on the list as I hadn't heard anything from them since ordering. I ordered in early March and was told that the waiting list for a Silver #9 was 10-14 weeks. On Monday, it will be 5 months!
    I found out that I am still #26 on the list. :x :x :x

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't think that the dealer in Helena put me on the Toyota list. They never even put the deposit on my credit card. I received the key chain and card from Toyota for the first list. I think that the folks at Helena do not need to do much as they are largely selling as they come in.

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I feel your pain, vapor_pearl. I'm a month behind you. And I thought I was the longest wait here. I feel better but at your expense. :)

I listed with one dealer. Didn't even occur to me to get on lists with any other dealers. Call me slow. But as I talked with the sales rep, and then another, and yet another, I got a good feeling about the place and the poeple. I was told up front "12 - 14 months". He told me how many they receive per month, how many other silver-9s are on the list, and how they work it. By the way, with each rep, I acted as though it was all new information and they all verified the same story.

The timing happened to work out great because the warrenty on my current car expires in October and I would hate to trade it in with "time on the meter".

So the answers are:
    Only on one list
    Still waiting and standing strong
    No intentions of multi-listing

11. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dealer called...NO but....... PRIUS is in picking it up tomorrow...another on the streets of Denver..

Bob, no longer waiting in Denver

A Friday (8/6) update...with 100 miles on the car...IT IS FUN...

I'd like to go back to Tuesday Day 57 of my wait.. we showed up at the dealers and our Prius was parked in VIP parking...the salesman, who we had not met as the deal was don on the internet, met us..in the next hour we signed the papers, were given a tour of the dealership, a pre-flight tour of our Prius... there were NO surprises...pricing had been as quoted and although we'd given a credit card for the deposit, he had never charged us...saying he did sales the 'old fashioned way'..by a handshake.. we are real impressed with this dealer and the sales and service force...would buy there again... If you are looking for a Prius in Denver, I'll give you these guys names.... We are happy buyers, incase you can't tell :lol:

12. jtullos

jtullos New Member

We were only on one dealer's list, and at the time we ordered ours, we were told it would be approximately a 2 month wait. We managed to get ours in one month, exactly what we had asked for (Tideland Pearl #3).