1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Dealer Stole my frames

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SureValla, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not sure anyone cares but im pissed.

I took my car into get serviced for the first time at the rockland toyota in ny and I get it back without my original license plate frames.

They decided that I was going to be an advertisment for rockland toyota (without telling me) and chucked my toyota of clifton park frames.

Now granted its not like i paid for the originals but i liked them b/c they showed where I was from.

Funny story: They didnt tell me so I didnt notice until later that day when i was walking to my car in a home depot parking lot. I start to walk up to my car and saw the rockland frames and think oh oops this isnt my car. So I walked away and was like I swore I parked it around here somewhere...
    Thats when my gf walked up to the same car and put her hand on the door and it opened (she has a key too).

I was very confused at first then very pissed.

anyone else's dealer steal there frames?

2. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i'd have a nice firm chat with the service manager at the dealership if it was me.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, no doubt they were a little out of line doing this. But you sort of presented yourself as a free advertiser by leaving the prior frames on. I think it's pretty dirty and low down to do that w/o asking, but I'm also sure your original dealer would be happy to switch you back to their frames for the asking...

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Stole" is one interpretation of the situation. The dealer would say they provided a no-charge "upgrade" of your license plate frames!

5. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Get some from your original dealer and take it to Rockland and have them swap the "parts".

Either that or remove them, take them back to the service manager and tell him that somehow these accidentally ended up on your car and that you want a refund for something you did not purchase

6. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    if you whine you might score a free car wash, wax, oil change, etc for this, heh

7. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    next time i visit the dealership im definitely going to make a point of telling them i really dont want those extra "parts" installed

for now they are already in the garbage in my parking garage

8. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is outrageous. Apparently, when they have your car they feel they can help themselves to anything they want as long as they provide a substitute. What a bunch of jackasses.