1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The definitive guide of Prius hacks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Padawan, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Padawan

Padawan New Member

Hello everybody,
    Being a new member of this group, and benefiting already from the hack that disabled the reverse beep and the GPS/NAV motion sensor override, I would like to compile a list of all possible hacks/programs for the Prius and post it here for everyone. If this is already done, please let me know how to get it. Otherwise, I would be happy receiving every suggestion and experience that has been done with the Prius. Anybody else have more to send me?
    BTW, I'd also like to hear about the experiences from the more daring people that try programming options that don't work (i.e. the person who pushed the blank button on the "loading" display and now can't access their NAV system). I think having all the caveats included will help people from repeating the same mistake!
    Thanks.
    :)

2. bobc

bobc New Member

Hi Padawan and welcome!

There are a few folks around who have done some computer/MFD hacking.

As for other stuff, look under KnowledgeBase and Files on the Forum page...

Cheers,

3. dhmiller80205

dhmiller80205 New Member

Hi people, I'm new at using this chatroom and can't find out HOW to disable my 2005 Prius reverse beep. Can anyone give me the actual instructions?
    Thanks, D.

4. longjohn931

longjohn931 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello dhmiller, welcome to prius chat. I believe the proceedure is in the owners manual however my wife has the car with it in the glove box so I can't check it out, but go to this members website and you will find a very detailed instruction for disableing the reverse beep their is also all kinds of additional information available as well.

http://john1701a.com/

It is on page 4 of the Prius ownes users guide.

5. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

6. Mish

Mish New Member

Hi all,

I'm new and have an Australian model of the Prius [just found out you guys have voice recognisition on your models :( Doesn't work in Australia] . Somebody mentioned above the Motion sensor that stops you using the Nav system. Anyone have the link to where that is discussed??

Kind Regards,
    Mish

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I don't have a Nav system, but I believe this is what you're looking for.

Good luck!

Playtimenick likes this.
  8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius