1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Democratic Process is not working......

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Mar 19, 2009.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nasa's James Hansen warns 'democratic process isn't working' in climate change fight | Environment | guardian.co.uk

This sould "seal the deal" in people's minds that AGW is for the most part a power and money grab. This guy is downright scary, using "smoke and mirrors" to get poeple to give up their liberty and money.

Another article on the "copenhagen conference" by one of the participants. It sounds like any means to an end to me.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7946476.stm

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No more "smoke and mirrors" than the Prius, or the viability - or lack thereof - of GM Corp

3. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As soon as I posted I knew I should not have used the "smoke and mirrors" term.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Happy to hear I'm keeping you on your toes

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Jayman, what do you think, do we make it our of this economic trough in the near future or is this just the beginning. I think we are getting out and will get all fat dumb and happy again, not change much and the next time(2-5 years) will be the catyclysmic game changer. I think the goverment is going to throw so much money in so many directions the economy can't help but get better in the short term......until the piper has to be paid. What do you think?

6. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Well, since China isn't a democracy, He is right about the democratic process not working there.

As far as the democratic process "not working" here, I wonder what he will start to advocate once it becomes clear that protesting probably does not create the instant reaction he is seeking.

7. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The 'money' that the government is throwing around doesn't really exist. The only way these incredible amounts can come into being is to print them. Our economy will probably improve at some point, but it will be despite the government's efforts rather than because. And as you so correctly suggest, the piper will have to be paid, and how.

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :confused:

Wth just got notification of this ...

Short term I think the extra cash will help, but long term the debt will become a nasty burden. With higher inflation and permanent loss of jobs, I just don't see it working out very well

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius