1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The First Public Quick Charger Now On Line

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hill, May 24, 2010.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In Vacaville CA, and Brought to you - courtesy of our very own evnut. Not only the 1st quick charger ... but the station is solar powered to boot! Almost brings a tear to my eye:

DC fast charger

Look at the SIZE of that thing! No ... not evnut

:p

2 people like this.
  2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    way cool!!!

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    EV charging solutions provider ChargePoint, together with car sharing company GoGet debuted over the weekend the first charging station in Sydney, as part of a bigger roll out plan in Australia.

The new charge point, located at an EV parking space in Derby Place, Glebe, is a 15-amp, 240-volt outlet. According to GoAuto, the charge point will fully charge a converted plug-in Toyota Prius in three hours.

The outlet will be used by GoGet to charge its fleet of 14 such vehicles. After each charge, the Prius will have an electric operating range of 30 km (18.6 miles). GoGet will charge those who share a plug-in Prius AU$7.10 an hour and 35 cents a kilometre, just as it does for the regular vehicle. The estimated usage of such a vehicle is 25 km (15.5 miles), meaning those using it will not need to tap into the fuel tank to get from point A to point B. According to GoGet's calculations, this would mean a full tank will last in a plug in Prius for some 2,500 km (1 553 miles).

ChargePoint Australia's chief executive says the Sydney station is the first of many to come. The company looks at expanding in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide by the end of 2010.

First ChargePoint Station Available in Sydney - autoevolution

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I didn't see any spill kits. Shouldn't they have some spill kits in case any of the electrons get dumped on the ground?

Tom

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "I am missing some electrons!"

"Are you sure?"

"I am positive!"

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    James Thurber had an aunt (I think it was an aunt) who insisted on keeping unused electrical outlets covered, to prevent electricity from spilling out.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This quick charger has brought about another neet factoid. It seems the very rare RAV4ev actually had an even rare'er model made ... using what seemed to be a "new" plug ... there were a couple guick charge RAV-4ev's made. Sold in japan only, one of 'em got imported to the UK. It is currently for sale, on ebay:

TOYOTA RAV4 EV Electric Car Vehicle Battery Power on eBay (end time 20-Jun-10 16:11:15 BST)

Manufactured only on the 1999-2000 model, the seller says the 100amp high voltage system has never been used, because there's no charger around that'll deliver the power to charge it ... in 20 minutes. Whoah.
    I wonder what it'll go for.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ah so totally cool. our first one is not set to be running until July... bummer. cant wait. i want my Leaf NOW!!