1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The German Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sunstarfire, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sunstarfire

sunstarfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First of all, apologies for hijacking this a little bit, I hope it's OK with you guys. This is like THE Prius forum, so I guess a lot of people who are not from the US are running around here. Lots of things are much more difficult in Germany, since the TÃœV has its fingers everywhere, and a lot of stores just don't carry the stuff you can get in the States. So I thought I would start to collect my search results here as kind of a starting point for fellow Germans.

And since I did not make 5 posts yet, I am not allowed to post URLs. Yay ;) So I guess I will need to talk a lil more ^^

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well there are quite a few Canadians, a handful of Brits and as many Aussies, a few Dutch and one or two from Eastern Europe. Not heard from any German owners on here before. I'm curious what problems you are having with the TUV as the same issues would also apply to me here in the UK as I believe EU auto rules apply to us all. In fact we get some things the Americans don't get such as the HUD and height adjustable headlights.

Hope you enjoy your Prius though. I love mine :)

3. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ich bin du Bist LOl er sie est ist LOL Guten Morgen guten tag.. yeah i know i spell stuff wrong

4. sunstarfire

sunstarfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh my god, don't get me started on the TÃœV. I used to live in California for six years and I modded the heck out of my Cobra... so yeah, TÃœV sucks. But oh well.

So I made a little progress, and I actually ordered a couple things from an LED store. It's just a couple interior lights, since in Germany changing any of the exterior lights to something that's not approved by our DOT will kill all insurance protection you have (if they figure out you did it, that is). So, changing to LED flashers or stuff like that is probably illegal.

I did however get my hands on a set of street legal Sylvania (Osram here) Night Breakers, and apart from swearing like crazy while trying to get my hand into the space behind the driver's side front light in order to get the bulb out, I really like a lot what they do. Light is so much brighter and better, and the looks are improved, too.

I will keep this thread updated as I go along. For now, I am waiting for the LEDs, and the next thing is gonna be a DICE iPod adapter... still need to find out though whether that works for the iPhone, too.

5. sunstarfire

sunstarfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Usually I wouldn't bother, because I am talking English here, which is not my first language, and I do make mistakes, but you are better than you think. Say "es" instead of "est" and you did everything right :)