1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Good & The Bad

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CrazyGirrl, Apr 3, 2006.

1. CrazyGirrl

CrazyGirrl New Member

Thanks to all of you who offered advice after my major car accident on
    St. Patrick's Day. (100% blame was given to the other driver by the police
    however that doesn't make the accident any less traumatic unfortunately)
    Since then the insurance company has totalled my '05. That's the sad part. :(
    Her untimely demise. But my old car gave her life for me - the airbags saved me.
    So she was a great car before the accident and during it, and I enjoyed her a lot!

However as sad it was, We needed to move on. It's hard to live in LA with only
    one car between a couple. So my husband and I knew it was time to start looking.
    It's amazing how much in demand Priuses are! They were hard to get a year ago
    (in 2005 we lucked out and just walked into a dealer, they had what we wanted, and
    we negotiated to down to MSRP), and they remain as much so! Anyway, I e-mailed many,
    many dealers on Friday asking about availability and price, and made calls on Saturday
    and today. Prices were up to over $5000 MSRP, and some had as long as 4-6 month waits.
    Many required deposits to be put on waiting lists. Some had the packages but not the color in
    stock, others had the color but not the package in stock.Happily all our efforts finally paid off.
    We were looking for a 2006 silver package 7 or 8 in stock. Tonight we drove home a silver package 8,
    and we got it for MSRP, no markups. So we are a case in point that you can get a Prius
    in a reasonable amount of time, for a reasonable price. Don't let the dealers make you think otherwise!
    You just need to invest a little time.

Anway, hopefully a sad tale, ends on a more happy note! So now we just need to reapply for the HOV stickers. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one! :)

2. p21usa

p21usa New Member

Congrats on your new car!! I am so glad you didn't have to get on a waiting list and were able to get exactly what you wanted. It really would have been adding insult to injury if you would have had to be Prius-less.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats on the recovery and finding a replacement Prius. Glad to hear the happy ending.

4. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats on finding the replacement Prius.

Out of curiousity, I hope it's not too personal of a question, but did the insurance cover the entire cost of the new car? Since the Prius has a great resale value I was wondering if that would allow you to get more value after they totalled it.