1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the green wire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kDB, Jul 4, 2005.

1. kDB

kDB New Member

i'm wondering how any amps i can pull from the green wire used for the constant 12v acc mod. basically i'm wanting to install a disc changer and would like to keep the power up front. i'm looking at the batt wire to the green wire (less than 5 amp), the acc wire to the front 12v acc plug (less than 0.5 amp), and the ground to wherever i can find.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

OK, what you are saying is ambiguous.

Const and ACC are two different things. Green wire where? There are LOTS of green wires in the car, each doing different things.

OK, wait, you mean the power outlet on the dash.
    It has a dedicated 15A fuse, but is rated 120W, which is approx 10A. The light green wire has const 12V, which goes to a relay contact, where a white wire comes out to the dash power outlet. The relay turns on the power outlet in ACC mode, using power destined for the power outlet in the console as the relay control.

3. kDB

kDB New Member

what i was saying was, the green wire on the fuse panel, the one used in most mod's involving making the front acc plug always on. anyway, i hooked the cd changer up by splicing into it. figured 5 amp fuse, so shouldn't pull 5 amp, and since people are using the wire to make the plug have electric, it should be able to handle the load.
    i was just wanting to know if anyone had any info on the amp rating that could be pulled from it. looked through the forum by topic and read every thread i could find that i though the topic had anything to do with audio or the acc plug mod. didn't see any numbers on what it could accually handle.
    sorry, i know i didn't phrase it the way i should have.