1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Hybrid Experience Report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Invitation

"Hybrids are new to the market and there is a strong interest among many parties to share information and get updates on issues such as fuel performance, reliability, repairs, resell value, tax credits, operator experiences, etc.

This Report will be updated on a quarterly basis. We would like to invite you or your organization to submit your data and experiences with hybrids and we’ll share it with others via this website. Information is welcome from Canadian and international sources."

Seeing that almost everyone here keeps track of their mileage and such, I thought it'd be nice if we submit our experiences with our hybrids and if you wish, the mileage records too. All data is submitted to the BC Climate Exchange here in the Lower Mainland (Greater Vancouver area). There's no replacement for knowledge and the more they know about our experiences, the better.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. nhalber

nhalber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am in my 3rd month and am extremely pleased with the Prius performance. The MPG is at 47 with really a lot of small trips. On longer trips, it is easily above 50. The car runs great, is fun to drive, and has plenty of pickup. Plus, it tends to get a lot of unasked for compliments.

The only downside, don't leave your tennis racket on the shelf in the trunk on a sunny day.