1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Hybrid Fisherman

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by John321, Oct 4, 2019.

1. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Today while on a fishing trip I had a Prius owner ask me some questions about my fishing setup when I was getting mine ready. I never thought of sharing something like this before but maybe it would be of interest to others.

I am including some pictures of an inflatable kayak. I bought this rig 10 years ago when I would take our 2008 Prius II on fishing expeditions. The inflatable kayak, paddle, seat, collapsible anchor and inflator all easily fit in the bag to the left of the kayak. The paddle breaks down into four 2 ft sections. The kayak is 16 foot long when inflated. It takes 15 minutes to unpack and inflate the kayak.

The kayak has 3 separate inflatable chambers so that if one is punctured it will still stay afloat. The hull protectors are also inflatable. The kayak comes with a patch kit if it is needed. I had to use it once to repair a hull protector.

No kayak carriers are necessary not any exterior hardware. Just put the waterproof bag that holds everything into the back of the vehicle and you are ready for an outdoor adventure.

I have packed the kayak into wild river areas –then unpacked the kayak and the bag contents – then go back to the car and get all the camping gear into the pack and head back down to the river. The kayak will hold 500 pounds when inflated.

If you ever thought you would like to have a kayak but it is just to much trouble to haul one in a small car maybe this is an alternative that would interest you.

I only caught one fish today a 2 pound largemouth bass but I saw a flock of wild turkeys, beavers, a couple of Blue Heron and the sun rise on the lake.

IMG_2433.JPG

#1 John321, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    ETC(SS), srellim234, scona and 2 others like this.