1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The, 'I am new here' thread, for me...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TJandGENESIS, Aug 11, 2005.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:8c5f09eca3]Hi all! I am as the thread title says, new here. I JUST got my '05 PRIUS on 08.10.05...and so far, what a far out car. I own a SCION xA, and had a SCION xB, that I traded for the PRIUS, that my wife has dubbed GENESIS. We name our cars; do they do that here? Anyway, Forgive me if this in the wrong place. I am still wandering around...thanks for reading...oh, and this is what my PRIUS looks like, well, not MINE, but it does resemble this...(I need to take pics...)
    [​IMG]

And this is what my (former) xB looked like...along with my current xA
    [​IMG]
    [/font:8c5f09eca3] 8)

2. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome my friend.

You've come to the right forum. :)

3. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks! I have to look around...although...is the Prius being 'modded' at all? I mean, are there folks who are doing mods to this car? I hope so.

And where are clubs? Are there any?

4. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hardly anyone is modifying the engine.

Some are adding JDM body kits.

I'm doing some minor appearance modifications.

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have only modified my appearance and some performance stuff but nothing with the engine. I added a cermic tint to deal with the sun. Since it keep my car cooler, the car is more efficient (battery is cooled using cabin air). Then I used dynamat extreme for the entire cabin to reduce road noise (reduces driver's fatigue and I can hear my radio). I will wait to change the OEM tires to the comfort treads when these wear out. I also added XM radio for my long cross country trips (30+ hours). I was planning on getting side molding and mud flaps but will wait a bit.

Oh yeah I also had a 300W monster power inverter wired to my battery. It was the only one that came with all the cables and offered line conditioning as well as the surge protection. It is also connected to the system like the radio and will automatically shut off when you turn the car off and open the door to prevent battery drain.

6. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi\";p=\"115626)</div>
    I am getting XM; I paid for it already...and, I got my windows tinted today; I had no idea that it would help with the battery...Neat. Thanks for the INFO.

7. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How is the armrest, when it comes to dirt? Does it get dirty easy?

8. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have not had a problem but then I went to Sam's Club and bought one of those funky travel pillow packs. It is filled with microbeads and has a long pillow and a square one. I use the long one on my arm rest since it seems a bit low to rest my arm on. This basically keeps it clean also.

Do a search for lumbar support. I also got the $12 lumbar mesh support for my seat. For some reason those seats realy cause my back to sweat so it helps keep it cool. The only other thing is I highly recommend the Canvas works heat shields sold in the Priuschat store. I have them for all my windows and put them up while I am at work. The car temp can get upwards of 180-200 deg sitting in the El Paso sun. This cuts it down to 100-120. (I was worried about leaving my xm myFi radio in there with those temps.

9. mark_hamrick

mark_hamrick New Member

We have a Scion XB also...blue onyx pearl. Nice ride and fun to drive. The roominess must be seen. But if I had to choose, I would take the Pri as well. The XB is my SO's car...