1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The irony of Adele leaving London

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Dec 18, 2011.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Adele with Rolling in the Deep has set a record for digital songs in a calendar year

However, she is leaving London as she is recovering from vocal surgery - thinks the smog is bad enough to warrant moving.

Not only has her voice been compared to Amy Winehouse, she also has a song that is very ironic: 'I like it in the city when the air is so thick and opaque.' (1:22 in the video below)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4RE-FBVgY&feature=player_embedded]Adele - Hometown Glory with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Adele moving out of London over fears that the smog is harming her voice | Mail Online

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Like Amy Winehouse, she does have great talent - it's nice to hear that rare song on pop radio nowadays that doesn't rely on Autotune. However, like Amy Winehouse I'm not too fond of her choice of material (although given a choice, I much prefer Adele's).

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Believe me, the smog in London is disgusting. I don't know how people actually manage to live in it 25/7/365.

You can smell London about 30 miles before you get there (unless you live there and are used to it!).

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been to three cities renown for their smog (L.A., London, and Mexico City), and of the three London is probably the worst I've seen first-hand.

5. Sagitar

Sagitar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK, next time I ever consider going to Linfen, China or Pernik, Bulgaria, I'll consider this chart. :)

In the mean time, of cities most people are likely to go to in the Western World, LA, London & Mexico City are top contenders for poor air quality.