1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Last Juror Passes

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Racquel, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Racquel

Racquel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Jack Klugman passed away today, age 90. He's a film icon, but I remember him best in the original Sidney Lumet 1957 production of "Twelve Angry Men". That movie holds me rapt every time, a plot predictable as a Grisham paperback, but not the jurors.

Klugman was the last one alive that made that movie; everybody else, the other jurors, director Sidney Lumet, the producer, the cinematographer, the music director, the uncredited other actors, judge, clerk, guard and defendant, had already all passed away. Well, 1957 was 55 years ago.

It's sad, the whole crew of such a cinematic masterpiece every one departed. But the film's immortality is far from sad; its story timeless as the continents, told in a manner impossible to tire of, as riveting now as when it was made. Klugman and the others who shared that stage with him in 1957 made it immortal, and its immortality made them, too, in a way, immortal.

RIP Jack Klugman, the last juror.

JMD, dogfriend and Trebuchet like this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Growing up in NYC I and many others enjoyed the Odd Couple reruns most every evening. Jack played Oscar Madison the sloppy divorced sports writer whose heart was as big as his comedic genius. RIP Jack and Godspeed.

3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    R.I.P, Jack Klugman and Charles Durning

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great Movie!
    ....and to think they did it on a budget of less than half a million bucks... ;)

Mr. Klugman.
    Thank You, Sir!
    RIP...

5. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    He will be missed.

6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't forget Jack Klugman's performance in 12 Angry Men, I played his character in a school play. :D
    I won't forget Charle Durning either. Besides being a great actor, he also had an interesting military career and was a survivor of the Malmedy massacre.