1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Living Dead

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Below is the list of the dead movies made by Romero
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just really enjoy these types of movies..

Anyone else?

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually I've never watched any of the "Return of..." series, but like all the Romero ones and more modern variants like Shawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later. Night of the Living Dead is, I think, one of the creepiest movies ever made. Generally though, I'm watching on video rental, as Megan just isn't so much into the Zombie thang. I'll be curious to see how I Am Legend turns out later this year, as that book is IMO pretty much the template for the whole zombie genre (although they're vampires in Richard Matheson's book).

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Naw, it's too much like watching a congressional reality show. B)

well, yeah with the exception of Shaun of the Dead. One of my all time favorite movies.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Of course, you have to mention my favorite one: "Dead Alive" (released as "Brain Dead" in countries that call soccer "football"). I saw it when it first came out, and at no point did I think, "Yeah, this guy will win a Best Director Oscar for a movie adaptation of Lord of the Rings."

For those who haven't seen it yet, the highlight is when a guy mows down an army of zombies. Literally. With a lawn mower.

6. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 4 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]521518[/snapback]</div>
    You know, I'd forgotten about Dead Alive. I did once see Bad Taste--which more than lived up to its title--but never did get around to Dead Alive.

I also realized no one had mentioned Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2, another couple great ones that started off Sam Raimi's career.

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Oct 4 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]521282[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

What about the
    Resident Evil zombie series?
    #1 was great
    #2-Bit it
    #3-is getting great previews by critic's
    and supposedly coming out soon!!

I can also recommend the book "World War Z"
    if you are into the zombie thing....

Zombie's fit my horror movie rule which is

the bogey man must be destroyable with a firearm----
    no ghosts--or anything impervious to bullets......

Froley

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Oct 5 2007, 06:46 AM) [snapback]521686[/snapback]</div>
    I just saw Evil Dead 2. (Number one got bad reviews from members on NetFlix so I skipped it.) It was hilarious. The bit where Bruce Campbell's hand attacks him is worth the rental. It's not really a zombie film, though.

10. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    folks at work love this stuff... I can't stomach it! sorry!

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 6 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]522154[/snapback]</div>
    If you liked Evil Dead 2, you'll like Evil Dead One. Also, don't forget Armies of Darkness (AKA Evil Dead III) - one of the most quotable films of all time.

12. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Froley @ Oct 5 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]521968[/snapback]</div>
    RE 3 is out, its really good, can't wait for the next one!

I love Zombie movies! I love Scary movies period! We're actually going to watch Bug Tonight ;)

13. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 6 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]522341[/snapback]</div>
    Most of the reviewers on NetFlix advise skipping Evil Dead 1. I have found that when there is consensus among the NF reviewers, they are usually right. I have Armies of Darkness at home now. Wanted to watch number 2 first. And last night I felt like watching a comedy instead. (Blast from the Past, a silly, fun movie with Alicia Silverstone and Brendan Fraser, of George of the Jungle, a stupid but fun movie.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Oct 6 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]522359[/snapback]</div>
    The NetFlix reviews for RE3 mostly agree that the movie is disappointing. As above, I've learned to give credence to them when they all say more or less the same thing.

User reviews are one of the best things about the internet.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Froley @ Oct 5 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]521968[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah , I liked RE-1 and am waiting for the newest one to come out.

15. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Me likes the Zombies.

16. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 7 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]522417[/snapback]</div>
    you are right, RE3 wasn't nearly as good as 1 or 2, but It was entertaining none the less & one of the most entertaining movies out right now (As far as the "scary" ones go

We also rented Flight of the Living dead. Mildly entertaining, MUCH better than the other one we rented BUG. that was a HORRIBLE movie!

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Oct 8 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]522935[/snapback]</div>
    The official description of Bug sounded good, but the NetFlix members hated it. So I did not rent it. As I said before, user/member reviews are one of the best things about the internet. I always regret renting a movie that gets bad user reviews. I never regret renting one that gets a large majority of 4- and 5-star reviews.

In between can go either way. But the reviews themselves usually give enough information to decide, as you can get an idea from reading a review if the reviewer shares your criteria.

18. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My wife and I just watched "Dawn of the Dead". She thought it was alright, but not great, until I explained to her:

"The movie actually is a social commentary. The zombies in the mall grotesquely consuming whatever they encounter?"

Suddenly, she got it!

"Ahhh!!" she replied.

Now, if you want greatness, you're gonna need yourself some "Army of Darkness."

"This is my BOOMSTICK! Made in Grand Rapids, Michigan!" (Made in my hometown).

But I digress.

Nate

19. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Oct 8 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]522935[/snapback]</div>
    On the other hand the Wii game RE4 will put you in the middle of the action. It made my heart pound with survival horror much more than movies do.

20. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I enjoy a good zombie movie. I find that my favorite part about them, as exemplified by the humorous approach of "Shaun of the Dead," is how often every aspect of the zombies is intended to parallel, the "actual" plot, which is usually an emotional, human story. The zombies tend to highlight by contrast the feelings of the human characters.

I've actually worked on a zombie movie myself... a short film, actually, and I did some animation of a zombie-cat attacking and getting killed with a baseball bat. Pretty fun stuff!

I also made a zombie-themed eCard for a friend's site. Send this to someone you love: http://www.moviecall.org/greetings/create.php?card=171
    (NSFW warning for the rest of the eCard section on that site, but not the one I linked)