1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Lone Ranger Rides, Again!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mister Swigart, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Mister Swigart

Mister Swigart New Member

I just got my Prius Touring model with almost all the goodies for my 58th birthday (tomorrow) from my wife. We both went back to school to earn Masters degrees in Elementary Math. So this is a graduation and birthday, gift. She is due for her Prius on her birthday this August. We will be a two Prius (Prii?) family, then. As you might guess by my name, my horse is Silver. You will recognize me on a highway near you by my mask. B)

I am a teacher, so I will use my trusty steed to commute everyday, 14 miles round-trip, then, come summer I will be traveling this fair country to see all those historic places I've heard and studied about these many years.

* I am interested in running a laptop computer on board, if anyone knows how or where I can find information about this. (Thread links welcome)

* I am traveling with dogs if there are some good modifications people can turn me on to.

* I am interested in using the car with the backseats down at all times for the dogs and to take naps in or sleep the night in (bivouac) in from time to time, if anyone has some live aboard ideas or links.

Thanks in advance.

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the Prius family. And happy birthday and congratulations on the Masters. And thank you for being a teacher. For the most part, the profession is undervalued.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Lone Ranger @ Feb 21 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]394234[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, me too! :)

4. Mister Swigart

Hyo Silver:
    Oh, that's fantastic: I thought about trying to enter Heigh-yo Silver as a name. Funny. Nice picture to go with that name, too. I'll look for a different photo.

Dave:
    Thanks for the kind words.

5. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome, Kemosabe.

6. tonto

tonto New Member

Whoa, horsey.

7. Mister Swigart

Who was that masked man? Why, that was . . .

8. Mister Swigart

Edited: I finally figured out how to get a photo in the column. It was a simple little two-step but I didn't know what an avatar was, so I missed it. I thought an Avatar was a great teacher like Buddha. And when will I lose the "Rookie" ID? ;^)

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Lone Ranger @ Mar 3 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]399694[/snapback]</div>
    Keep posting. The more you contribute, the greater your status as a poster. Unfortunately, inane, stupid, off target posts still count as posts, but try to say someting meaningful. Welcome to PriusChat!

10. Mister Swigart

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 3 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]399791[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the response. I tried to contribute today with a new discovery on my part. I told my complete story in a thread called: "My Method: Pulse-Cruise/Neutral-Drive-Glide/Resume." I have not seen anything like it in my searches. I hope you will read it. It was in the Main Forum but they moved it to Fuel Economy. I felt it was a little wider in its scope than mpg. I used mpg as an indicator of how well it worked. Thanks for taking a look.

Pat,
    The Lone Ranger

11. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Lone Ranger @ Feb 21 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]394234[/snapback]</div>
    Ranger,

There are a few folks around here who've done this. The search feature here is a bugger unless you really know what you're looking for, however, if you posted a topic in the technical forum asking how to do it I'm sure that there would be several folks who could help you out.

Welcome to PC!

12. charliem

charliem New Member

All you need now is recording of the Willaim Tell overture.

And a hardy HI HO SILVER AWAAYYYYY.