1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Long Stealth Goodbye-or, how I learned to mock Tony Schaefer's thread titles.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In just a few minutes I head to St.Louis to drop off my car into the care of my uncle for the next ~10 months. My family and I are leaving on sabbatical to Australia then around the world and I couldn't figure any way to safely store the Prius for that long. In addition, upon our return we fly into Chicago where my uncle happens to live.

I'll be giving him a quick walk around to show him the key tidbits about the Prius. I think I'll disable SKS just in case he can't get to it for a few weeks. I'll show him how/where to jump the car, in case that becomes necessary. But I'll be sad to see her go...my constant companion for over 6 1/2 years now. Very odd to send her away for that long.:(

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'd offer to keep her in good hands in your abscence but:
    1) There's a hideous razorback attached to it.
    2) You mock me, sir.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol @ Tony.

Enjoy your 9 month journey, Doc! I'm sure it will add wonderful life experiences to you and your family. Your Prius appears to be in safe hands. Exciting things await you upon your return to the United States... The Volt would've been on the market for a while, the Leaf will be launched (I can't remember the exact launch date, if they ever mentioned one) and the Prius PHV will only be a few months away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.