1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The looks of a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dubsky, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dubsky

Dubsky New Member

Am I right in believing their is a new Prius being launched soon? If so I hope they do a better job on the styling than the present one, it must be one of the most dull cars to look at. Has anyone any links to possible new designs?

2. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    why would u buy a car that you think looks dull? :huh: i happen to like the "look" of the prius. the prius has been exactly what i expected and i will probably look at a new one to replace mine when the time comes......but of course.....thats probably years away

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dubsky @ Apr 18 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]425330[/snapback]</div>

3. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dubsky @ Apr 18 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]425330[/snapback]</div>
    The looks of the current model are part of the integrated anti theft system. Nobody will steal it! ;)

4. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Rumored in 2010 but that s going to be mostly internal stuff and maybe a few design changes but don’t expect anything drastic. If you are looking for a car looking car try the Camry hybrid or the civic hybrid both excellent cars that look like normal cars.

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cocoatreat @ Apr 18 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]425342[/snapback]</div>
    The OP is just trolling. He posted a link to a uk poll advocating a higher tax on "dirty" hybrids, as "diesels" are cleaner, a message stating that he gets 23mpg in his prius, and this link about how the car looks dull. ;)

6. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dubsky @ Apr 18 2007, 10:39 AM) [snapback]425330[/snapback]</div>
    Almost sll 4 door sedans today look exactly the same from one block away. I bought the Prius over a new Diesel Jetta because of how it looks..... It's a year later and I have NO regrets!!!!!

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Apr 18 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]425348[/snapback]</div>
    oh, really ? ? :lol:

You mean he really didn't know that aerodynamic priorities dictate style? ` WoW ' I'm shocked ! !

8. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Troll or not, I'll just take this opportunity to state I love the look of the current Prius. It does seem to inspire strong feelings on both sides though. I have a couple of friends (not owners themselves) who think the design looks "goofy". Me, I think the design is very pleasing to the eye. Something about the lines of the car and its overall symmetry, balance just appeals.

9. Washington1788

Washington1788 One of the "Deniers"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The look of the Prius is "ok" for me. Not the sexiest car on the road, but certainly not the worst. I buy my cars for what I want out of them, what they look like is further down the list.

My wife does not like the way they look. That was a major hurdel to overcome in aquiring the car! :)

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know some people don't like the look of the Prius because they think EVERY car should look like your average sedan. However, I've never heard it called "Dull" before (unless by "Interesting" you mean an Aztek, where then I consider "Dull" to be a compliment).

11. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< I find it interesting that many new cars have adopted a "quasi-Prius" profile since the 2004 Prius was introduced. Notice the sweeping back ends with a 'spoiler' profile on the truck lid. It appears to me that Prius with its aerodynamic profile was the style leader. The advantages include less aerodynamic drag.

I have very little concern with what the guys standing on the sidewalk think about the car I prefer to drive. I am definitely NOT trying to impress them.

12. priussoris

priussoris New Member

It's got looks that Paris Hilton would want to slide right on it with her car washing skills, Thats how good it looks.

( just let me be in the car) ;) great style sleek appeal and yes curves too

13. thepixiesarah

thepixiesarah New Member

I, too, love the curves of the prius. They were a lot of the reason I wanted one.

14. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Love the look, flair and utility of the current Prius. Looking for an additional in the Touring. In fact, I am afraid that I won't like the next model redesign. It might be too radical or might have less interior height for utility. They might not make another Touring.