1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The most disgusting thing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My housemate came home one night complaining that some truck had stuff leaking out of it on the road and some of it splashed on his car. It was dark already so he just gave his car, a BMW 535i E34, a quick hosedown.

Next morning he notices an odour. A foul odour. On closer inspection we find that the entire underside of his car, the wheel wells and bumper was covered with fish scales, bits of guts and a mystery "liquid" that reeked to high heaven.

It took about an hour, a pressure cleaner and LOTSA soap to get his car clean. Fortunately the worst thing I ever had to clean of my Prius was some bird poop and a couple of bugs.

What's the grosest, most gawd awfull thing you ever had to clean off a car?

2. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Pieces of Skunk.

3. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mad Hatter @ Sep 11 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]510836[/snapback]</div>
    :eek:

OK, besides dead animals....

4. alg

alg Junior Member

Baby and dog throw-up, luckly that was back in VW Vanagon.

5. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Sep 11 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]510825[/snapback]</div>
    Back when I drove a minivan, I ran over an already dead deer with it. Scraped a bunch of the hide off, and splattered gore all the way up the back window. I was on a long trip, and the next morning before checking out of the motel I found a self-service car wash to clean up the mess. But the hide/hair on the undercarriage remained and smelled for several weeks.

6. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Never follow a stock truck (carrying cattle, sheep or pigs) uphill.

7. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I wasn't one doing the cleaning on this one--

I used to live on a dairy farm and milk is not the only thing cows produce. On a wintery day I took the the tractor and a 3000 gallon tank of liquid manure to the field to spread. Just after driving up off the road into the field I got stuck after opening the valve of the tank. I then thought I had closed the valve, but I hadn't. The liquid manure ran back the deep tire tracks in the snow unto the road and down the road. A few cars passed through. I remember seeing two cars passing eachother in opposite directions, spraying each other, the one turned on its windshield wipers... I can just imagine them getting home and pulling into their heated garage. I am soooo sorry. I am surprised there weren't reprocussions on this one.

PA P

8. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My friend's vomit from the back seat. Well, a special friend, so I didn't complain too much.

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i just clayed our 1990 es250. pulling ~18 years worth of rusted metal particulate contaminants out of the clear coat of a white car can be described as "gawd awful" and then some.

10. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Last weekend, we took a roadtrip with the dogs. At one of our stops, Digby (aka Little Bastard Dog or LBD) picked up and ate something near an reststop outhouse while we were waiting for my GF inside. He swallowed it before I could even tell him to drop it, so I didn't know what it was.

About 1/2 hour later, we are cruising down the road and Digby is riding the center console lid. With no prior warning, he barfs onto the center console and my GF's left arm. We now know that what he ate at the outhouse was some other animals poop. So, we stop the car, luckily we have paper towels and wet wipes so we can wipe down the center console lid, my GFs arm, the side of the console where the poop/barf is running, the carpet and the side of the seat. GF almost barfs too, but manages to keep it under control.

Aren't dogs great? :p :lol: :D

11. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Last weekend, we took a roadtrip with the dogs. At one of our stops, Digby (aka Little Bastard Dog or LBD) picked up and ate something near an reststop outhouse while we were waiting for my GF inside. He swallowed it before I could even tell him to drop it, so I didn't know what it was.

About 1/2 hour later, we are cruising down the road and Digby is riding the center console lid. With no prior warning, he barfs onto the center console and my GF's left arm. We now know that what he ate at the outhouse was some other animals poop. So, we stop the car, luckily we have paper towels and wet wipes so we can wipe down the center console lid, my GFs arm, the side of the console where the poop/barf is running, the carpet and the side of the seat. GF almost barfs too, but manages to keep it under control.

Aren't dogs great? :p :lol: :D

12. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oops, double post.....

13. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oops, double post.....

14. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ 2007 09 11 14:55) [snapback]510842[/snapback]</div>
    How about insects? A wing here, a head there, embedded in streaks of varying colours. Wanna see pictures? :) What's really kinda gross is when you realise some of the bugs on your car at a rest stop are having lunch, too.

Other than that, it would have to be the honey bucket spilling over in the camper.

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ 2007 09 11 14:55) [snapback]510842[/snapback]</div>
    How about insects? A wing here, a head there, embedded in streaks of varying colours. Wanna see pictures? :) What's really kinda gross is when you realise some of the bugs on your car at a rest stop are having lunch, too.

Other than that, it would have to be the honey bucket spilling over in the camper.

16. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also, the first week we had our Prius I was bringing a full gas can back for the chainsaw. It was in the very back and I didn't notice it had fallen over and was leaking, at least a quart, the whole carpet in the back was sopping wet.

PA P (nonsmoker)

17. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also, the first week we had our Prius I was bringing a full gas can back for the chainsaw. It was in the very back and I didn't notice it had fallen over and was leaking, at least a quart, the whole carpet in the back was sopping wet.

PA P (nonsmoker)

18. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A friend just recently had to extract decaying, maggot-crawling
    mouse carcasses from the floor of her '57 Chevy...
    [Hmm, speaking of which, time to go check the traps.]
    _H*

19. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A friend just recently had to extract decaying, maggot-crawling
    mouse carcasses from the floor of her '57 Chevy...
    [Hmm, speaking of which, time to go check the traps.]
    _H*

20. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Sep 11 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]510842[/snapback]</div>