1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Navigation System - Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike_V, May 19, 2005.

1. Mike_V

Mike_V New Member

Is it just me or does anyone else find the navigation system sorely lacking in its design. I mean it is just not intuitive to work with. Does anyone have a cheat sheet?

I\'ve only been using it for a week but it sure has gotten me frustrated at times.

2. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Read the manual, study it. Once the system is learned, it works quite well. There are some minor errors, house numbers might be off by a block, POI might be obsolete, out of date, things change.

The manual does have a "cross the street over" feel to it. Reading through it, working with it some gains you the experience to use it well. When its humming, it works very well indeed, you get directions, keeps you going the right way even after a long day when you are tired.

3. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

works great!

It didnt even take me that long to learn it, just fool around with it for awhile and you'll get the hang of it.

I never once read the directions for it

4. driverx

driverx New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No it's not you. It is rather non-intuitive and difficult to learn. Toyota needs to learn from Acura folks on how to design a user friendly nav. Those who owns or used Honda/Acura nav knows what I am talking about.

Now I am ok with Toyota nav but I am still not able to utilize voice functions.

Lexus webiste offers online tutoring for nav. check it out.
    http://lexus.com/models/es/interior.html