1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Newest Addition to My Family

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by doubleg2005, Jul 18, 2007.

1. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just wanted to share with everyone a few pictures of my brand new 2007 Prius Touring.

Tomorrow I will break 1000 miles and will start my third tank of gas. I'm still learning how to drive it and such, but am really glad to have it!!! I love it! 40.4 mpg first tank, 47.7 second tank... getting there!

I think increasing the tire pressure helped a lot for the second tank. I checked them after the first tank and the pressure was 30/32 so I increased it to 42/40 and don't really notice a huge difference in the ride (I'm young, I can take it...)

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have now been informally introduced to Pablo. (My fiancee named him...)

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice, wood-like trim.
    Very pretty :)

Congrats on your new car!

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nice to meet you, Pablo, with your dark flashing good looks... And you too, doubleg2005. Nice addition to the family! I like the tint, and in Texas you need it!

4. dsmit11

dsmit11 New Member

Hey Greg.... very cool. We are now a two Prius family, need to get your mom one now. It's too bad your Grandma bought the Yaris instead of the Prius. Anyways... love your car, can't wait to come out and see you. It will look great seeing my white Prius parked next to your Black one. Tell Amanda Hi for me. Love you - Uncle Dale

5. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

6. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catgic @ Jul 19 2007, 03:58 AM) [snapback]481474[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, thanks!!

These first two tanks were almost entirely highway driving, so a lot of the "lower" numbers were because of higher highway speeds and the Prius is only rated for 51 on the highway (less with updated EPA numbers)

however, for the little bit that was in the city, yes, i was using gas-to-go/brake-to-stop for the most part. still working on that and learning just how far the car can coast without dropping significant amounts of speed. i'm really amazed by how much it will coast while retaining speed!!

Before the Prius I had a 2000 Chevy Malibu and am very grateful to have rid myself of ~20 mpg misery!

I'm looking forward to continued learning and improved FE!!