1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The No-Fly List

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Oct 6, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    from the article:
    I have no problem with that because sometimes things have to be done very quickly. But how much time has since been dedicated to reviewing the list and potentially cleaning it up? I mean, since it's creation, not since it was publicized.

3. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 6 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]328980[/snapback]</div>
    Who is to say there isn't another terrorist by the name of Saddam Hussein, or Evo Morales, or Nabih Berri. I mean, come on, don't you think there is someone running around right now with the name Timothy McVeigh who is mad at someone for some reason. Just because one terrorist dies or is in prison, does not mean we are not in danger by another with the same name. :angry:

4. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 6 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]329050[/snapback]</div>

It's Gary Smith that worries me. Along with Bob Johnston. :p

5. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Found this little piece just now while I was surfing the news. The no-fly list gets to be a joke at times due to the number of mismatches. Here are a few...

Here is the link to the full article..

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20061007/D8KJGBR00.html

6. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ted Kennedy is on the No-Drive List.

7. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 7 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]329501[/snapback]</div>
    Republicans are are the no-brains list.
    Democrats are on the no-balls list.

I don't know which is worse.

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, dear. I'm flying out tomorrow for a couple of weeks (leaving my Prius in the hands of my brother! Fortunately, he's an excellent driver). I hope they let me fly even though I've *gasp* given money to Greenpeace.

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

"I've *gasp* given money to Greenpeace."

Not only are you on the no fly list, you may well be an unlawful combatant. Keep a suitcase packed at all times.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Funny thing about this,... or maybe not so funny, is that there are suspected terrorists who are not on the list for the reason that the names may become public, and the terrorists may find out we're on to them. (Saw this on 60 Minutes I think.)

I think the list is silly. I prefer the system in Mexico. When we went through customs, there was a button we pushed, which gave either a red light or green light. If it's a red light, you are searched.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 9 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]330478[/snapback]</div>
    I've always suspected they had a button on the floor that really controlled which light comes on.

On the subject of lists, this administration seems to like doing things with lists. When Bush or Cheeny or one of those dufuses, I forget which now, appeared in Fargo, they compiled a list of people who should be barred from attending the event. Apparently the list was not compiled by anybody local, because it included everyone who had signed up with a relatively new peace group in town, but did not include any of the long-term peace activists (such as myself, and I have a criminal record!) who were not on the new group's list. (I didn't need to be on their list, because their emails were forwarded on an older list, which I was on.) The local newspaper got hold of the list and published it, and it included a highly-respected City Councilwoman, who is also a local businesswoman and church music director. What struck everybody was just how stupid this particular list was, and how totally useless it was as an attempt to protect the dufus who it was supposed to protect. Even if (as seems likely) they were just trying to protect the dufus from difficult questions from the audience, it was a stupid list. The best protection they had was simply the cost of admission.

12. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 7 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]329593[/snapback]</div>
    Easy, the later, they cant make more of themselves.
    And i think there is some crossover with the Dems and Repubs - McCain has 0 testosterone as does Frist and for the Dems on the no-brain list:

pelosi

Reed (except with real estate dealings - very smart there)

hilary (is a double switch - she has balls except for accepting her cheating husband)

gore / kerry (both having lost to a guy who cant speak in public and and cant pronounce nuclear)

edwards (for associating with gore)

lamont and his minions (for being and voting for a political fool and novice who will probably cost the dems control of the house - A+ here - and glad they have no gonads to boot)

the dems true test of testosterone will occur if they dont demolish the repubs next month...

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 6 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]329055[/snapback]</div>
    And John Q. Public, too!

15. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 7 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]329593[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 12 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]331733[/snapback]</div>
    dbermanmd: Perhaps you won't consider the welfare of future generations and join the Democratic party...but might you consider a vasectomy?