1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The only question not answered on the Internet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by isisdave, Aug 26, 2012.

1. isisdave

isisdave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ... is apparently "how do you remove the windshield washer fluid tank from a Gen II Prius?"

I see the question posed repeatedly in association with changing the passenger side HID, but in every case, the asker has given up and removed several other things instead!

In my case, the tube delivering fluid to the jets has broken just where it exits the rigid plastic bushing holding the tube against the hood hinge, and the end of it that connects to the tank is nowhere in sight ... it has fallen down through the hole. I don't even know if removing the tank will help .. I have to find the missing end, thread it back up through the hole in the fender, and find a connector and some tubing to reconnect it.

I've removed the nut holding the rear of the tank down, as well as the turn-signal bulb, and now the obstacle is a small clip that looks like it consists of two ears that are supposed to be pushed apart ... or maybe together. I can't get it to work, and it seems to need three hands anyway! Is there a special tool that will help? Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks for any help.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My GenII washer fluid pump is clogged with sludge and not working anymore... When I poured my first refill of washer fluid in after I bought the car I noticed that all the blue sludge from the crappy washer fluid the dealership uses was immediately washed loose when I put bug-cleaner washer fluid in... I knew all that filmy sludge swirling around was going to be a problem but didn't have the time to deal with taking the whole tank and system apart... So as a result I have no washer fluid at all.

Point being I heard that you pull away the plastic fender cover in the right wheel well to access the pump for cleaning. Maybe that might help you with your predicament?