1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the other doors don't unlock when I open the driver door

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priustexasbob, Feb 7, 2012.

1. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have my doors set to unlock when I open the driver door. sometimes they do not unlock, there is no rhyme or reason for it, just it gets a wild hair and they don't unlock, drive to the next location and it works as avertised. :crazy:

2. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might try resetting the setting, it's in the owners manual. Just a shot in the dark on my part.......:confused:

3. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    duplicate

4. h00ktern

h00ktern Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just for giggles, if your situation is related to *just* after parking [P], try opening the driver's door within ten seconds of turning the power off. If this is what I think, all doors should unlock. If you wait more than ten seconds, then the other doors remain locked.

I'm new to all this, but I know there is a Techstream tab on door locks, and I faintly recall one option dealing with the above. I need to check, but I think you can turn it off, or change the delay (seconds).

5. sailin3d

sailin3d New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I notice similar problems until I realized that the pressing the fob and using the the smart key have individual settings. The keyfob is set by the touchscreen. The smart key requires the dealer to program for you.

I have a stupid KARR alarm system that overrides toyota's settings. But fortunately I found a way to customize that too :)

6. dragonfinder1

dragonfinder1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is that when you want to get into the car or out of the car?

Dave

7. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    when I get out of the car, I have it programed so when I open the driver's door it unlocks the others.

8. dragonfinder1

dragonfinder1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just checked mine and it unlocks all the door when I put in Park or turn off the power.

Dave

9. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you'd like your Touch Sensor to operate all doors, there's a procedure for toggling between "open one door" and "open all doors" in your owner's manual.

If you'd like your FOB to unlock all doors, this customization is available through Techstream.