1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Other Guys, feat. Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Skoorbmax, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Move with Marky Mark and Will Ferrell. Features a Prius prominently. A LOT of jokes about it.

At one point they put it in reverse and that eternal reverse-beep comes on, gorgeous!

Movie I liked it. Very stupid but rottentomatoes rated it well, too. Kind of like the naked gun movies, just silly nonsensical nonsense.

2. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I watched it tonight and went in with low expectations. Actually, it was rather funny. There were a number of LOL moments but other times, they were trying too hard. Still, I think I'm gonna quote a few lines from now on.

At first they made fun of the Prius but later on, they put the car thru hell! They keep patching it up and it kind of becomes a character in the movie. They made it out to be quite a capable in the car chase scenes. I clapped when the reverse-beep went off but I knew only Prius owners would get that!!!

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Thread resurrection: OK, I finally saw it as I mainly watch movies at home on the premium movie channels. Some really funny stuff (I LOVED the lion and the tuna) and some great special effects that I won't give away.

Yeah the Prius takes a bashing and no doubt will fuel some haterz flames but by the end of the movie the car has become part of the unlikely hero "team".

Some Prius quotes from IDMb (caution adult language ahead):

Terry Hoitz: What is this?
    Allen Gamble: Its my car, Its a Prius.
    Terry Hoitz: I feel like we're literally driving around in a vagina.

and

Allen Gamble: [Steps on gas pedal of Prius] *America!*
    Terry Hoitz: [Car crashes] Did you yell America when you stepped on the gas pedal?
    Allen Gamble: No.
    Terry Hoitz: You sure?
    Allen Gamble: Yeah. You know, I have never actually put my foot all the way down like that on the pedal. It got me slightly aroused.

Allen must be a hypermiler. LOL And finally the ongoing schtick about bums and "partying" in Allen's Prius:

Dirty Mike: How you fellas doin'? We about to have us a little screw party in this red Prius over here if you wanna join us.
    Allen Gamble: Hey, are you Dirty Mike and the Boys?
    Dirty Mike: How you know who we are?
    Allen Gamble: You left a note in that car!
    Terry Hoitz: [shows his badge] Police, shithead.
    Dirty Mike: He's a copper, we gotta go. C'mon! Hey, grease it, boys! They're cops!
    [He and the Boys run off]
    Allen Gamble: You turned my beautiful Prius into a nightmare!
    Dirty Mike: We are gonna have sex in your car! It will happen again!

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah it really says something about the Prius when a mainstream Hollywood film uses it by name repeatedly. I haven't seen such a thing since Gone in 60 Seconds. I thought the writers may have meant well with the Prius, but unfortunately millions of idiots adopt the bad stereotypes after watching this and that's the whole problem.

My favorite part of the movie was when he backs up in the alley. The reverse beep. LOL. :)

5. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I get jokes about Dirty Mike and the Boyz all the time from the guys I work with... I drive a red Prius. They even paid a homeless dude to stand by my car so they could take a photo and post it on facebook as Dirty Mike after a soup kitchen. LOL. I thought the movie and the Prius jokes were hilarious.