1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Pain of the Rain Stays Mainly in the Lane

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by KaliforniaKid, Nov 30, 2012.

1. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I understand that Toyota "skimped" on sound deadening materials to have a lighter and fuel efficient vehicle and I really got used to the wind whining, the roadway rumbling, and the highway swooshing thanks to XM radio played loudly.

Well, it’s finally raining in California and dang if driving the C in the rain sounds like being inside a cheap tin lawn building during a storm. There must be no insulation between the roof panel and the headliner. And the noise from the rain rolling off the tires and undercarriage is so annoying.

Driving the C in the rain is an absolute pain – you’re basically cocooned in noise.

:eek:

2. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Rains a ton here, and I haven't noticed it being particularly loud. Perhaps the sun roof has something to do with it? Or just different sensitivities to noise. *shrug*

Plus I love the sound of rain :p

carolD likes this.
  3. Emily Allerton

Emily Allerton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with you overall about the noise. I got used to it quickly and I generally am pretty tolerant of noise environments. Good at tuning stuff out.

However, I can't say I've noticed the rain in particular. I will say that although that rear wiper is tiny I am glad to have it! There have been several bad storms here during which I could only see out the back at all because of that little wiper.

carolD likes this.
  4. CMJAnew

CMJAnew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    YUP! But not as bad as my first generation xB. That said, when Toyota addressed the xB faults, and came out with the second generation, they pretty much ruined the car.