1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Perfect Car For So Many Priuschatters

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by a_gray_prius, Oct 11, 2010.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From all the mean-spirited i'm-better-than-you comments made about car styling and modification over the years around here, I saw this and immediately thought of some of the members here.

Yes, I know it's a viral ad campaign.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for sharing. Outstandingly average. "You can have any color you want...as long as it is white."

Someone should pitch Mediocrity Motors to the Feds so they can get their fair share of Bailout Bucks.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Ha! that proves my point. Why would you start with a Mediocracy if you wanted to be edgy? Why start with a Prius if you want to be hip?

4. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You know, the overall mediocrity car that they used didn't look that bad! It seems to be the vanilla sedan that Toyota made so popular...logical layout and streamlined body (before that, the sedan was Ford, before that it was Audi). So I think this skit works well for an avant garde comedy. I then go on the internet to find out who's paying for it, and I find out it's Subaru. I can't think of any Subaru model that screams trendsetter. When I was growing up, we had a workhorse of a Subaru station wagon. I think of Subarus as being dependable, an apparently they also have a standing with the gay community. So, now that they're setting up some campaign in which they're different then the mold.....I'm interested in seeing what their trendsetting car will be.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like a Kia Magentis to me (sold as the Kia Optima in the US) with different bumpers, grille and trunklid...

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Um, what's wrong with white? :blink:

It's such a great canvas for creativity :p