1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The 'pizza delivery index' was sooooooo 1990's

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ETC(SS), Aug 5, 2024 at 9:26 AM.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pizza Index.
    Made popular during the late 80's or maybe early 90's.
    This gave way to a lesser-well-known "Gay Bar Index...."
    Both
    indices are getting clicks and menches lately.
    The GBI is unique to the DC area, administration agnostic, and has been shockingly accurate in the past.

Maybe more political than pancakey but....Iran, and "now you know..."
    You're welcome.

x.com
    Disclosures:
    I use second hand sources to measure the GBI - because of my own biases.
    The PDI also has well known vulnerabilities because it's so widely published but there are second and third order indices that are useful.
    Because people in the DC area would rather use a mannequin or an empty baby seat rather than carpool there are also PLI's - or Parking Lot Indices.

OP's Comments:
    Most Iranians could give the Japanese graduate level courses in Kabuki.
    This was demonstrated in full back in 2020 during the Iranian retaliation strike at Al-Asad air base.
    File:Ayn al-Asad airbase attack603dc40485f540048b53c3da.webmhd.webm - Wikipedia
    (If don't know know why this attack was intentionally non-lethal then you should be watching cat videos instead of reading this.)

I'm thinking that they will let us dangle for a bit and then launch a choreographed attack against the 'big and little Satans' in their own time.
    Iran is probably the 4th or 5th most advanced drone maker on the planet, but rather than use some of their "good stuff" I expect a wave of their $10k lawn-mower engine drones that we will have to shoot down with million dollar missiles.

Buuuut....that's a WAG.
    Intel weenies have a saying:

We bet YOUR life! :cool:

#1 ETC(SS), Aug 5, 2024 at 9:26 AM
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2024 at 9:40 AM
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't understand cat video attraction either

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I identify as a childless cat dude.
    But however comma.....
    My my wife, daughter, granddaughters and their dogs have issues with my identity.

I DO actually prefer cats as pets - but I acknowledge that this is owing to my deficiencies as a person.