1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Polk Pop

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Image Group, May 16, 2013.

1. Image Group

Image Group Bounding Overwatch to Grandmothers house we go!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    So I had my cousin who used to run the Snake Pit at DEI (Viper) in VIsta CA install my new 1200 watt system that included Polk Audio speakers. After a week I noticed a nasty popping noise when the volume was low coming from the Polk 10 woofer. I took it in to him and it was blown. Something with the voice coil was bad. He warrantied it out and replaced with with this evil black looking Polk woofer that now threatens to blow my rear window out and vibrate my rear view mirror clean off. I can only raise the volume up to MAYBE 15-20 depending on the bass in the song. The system will go up to 40 sounding clean all the way except that evil woofer that is intent on doing severe damage to my windows and anything else that isn't welded on. I called him and explained to him that Frankenstereo needs to be checked and that it's trying to kill us...he has not stopped laughing at me yet.

RocMills and PriusC-illa like this.