1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius At Work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by taxi, Jul 23, 2007.

1. taxi

taxi New Member

I live in New Zealand and work as an owner/operator Taxi driver. Our Taxi fleet now has 8 Priis made up of a mix of Gen1 and Gen2. All Jap Imports at the moment.
    Interested to hear from more prius owners that use their Vehicle for work, and the performence etc acheived.
    As a Taxi the Prius blows me away, and i only have a Gen2 (or "classic"). Passengers love the ride and freak out when the engine dies. Also get more in tips because I trying to do more for the environment. (Chuckle) I just enjoy the drive myself. I service every month or 8000 km and have few problems. The collant pump for the electric motor stopped working a month or so ago. Very similar in price to a water pump in normal car. not to scary.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gen 1 is the Original, Gen 1.5 is the classic and Gen 2 is the current model.

In order, it's NWH-10, NWH-11 and NWH-20.

Here in Vancouver, Canada, we have TONS of Prius taxis around. Yellow Cab has at least 50 of them running. The highest mileage one is around 450,000km I think. The highest Classic Prius is actually in Victoria with > 500,000km.

3. taxi

taxi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 23 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]483929[/snapback]</div>
    cheers. I hate getting stuff like that wrong. I have the NWH11. Saving for the 20 now. cant wait.
    over here in Nu Zeeland we seem to be just calling them Gen 1-3.
    Love the sound of 500 000km. Whoo hoo

4. Greenermachine.com

Greenermachine.com New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taxidriver @ Jul 24 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]484035[/snapback]</div>
    Your not the only firm running Prius as a taxi - other in London do likewise to avoid the congestion charge
    See here -
    http://www.greenermachine.com/index.php?pO...&pPostId=62
    Phone them and get their advice maybe?