1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Demand

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by New Revelation, Oct 26, 2006.

1. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Do you think the demand of the Prius has gone down a bit since the temporary gas price drop and the reduction of the tax credit? I have been reading here and there that it seems the Prius is somewhat more easily available than it has in the past, especially when gas prices were at the peaks. I guess for those who have been sitting at the sidelines waiting now would be a good time to look into one.

I also wonder if any models have been slightly discounted any by chance? No doubt though many are im sure still as MSRP.

Any thoughts?

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No idea about demand/availability, but I have been noticing A LOT of brand new Priuses out on the road over the last 2 or so weeks. I see at least 5 Priuses per day that still have the dealer plates on, whereas before I would only see them very occasionally....I've been seeing a lot of the Magnetic Grays too, such a pretty color!

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Oct 26 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]339056[/snapback]</div>
    I just checked the web sites of the 2 toyota dealers here, and both seemed to have 10 or 12 in stock, and more arriving in November. When I bought mine in '05, it was rare to see more than 1 or 2. I've also heard some folks are getting $1000 off MSRP in larger cities. I'm seeing a lot of Priuses here now as well.

4. CEguru

CEguru New Member

In Virginia, just outside of DC, my local dealer has 13 on the lot. Besides the one I walked in and bought two nights ago, they've all been there at least two weeks. I know other dealers have good inventory as well. In this area I'd say supply has caught up to demand. I was able to negotiate $1600 off MSRP on an '07 without any haggling.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yeah, our local dealer here has several '07s on the lot. That's a lot for a rather small town with only one Toyota dealer. Besides, I also see 5-8 per day.

6. bryanmsi

bryanmsi New Member

Definetly have in the Sacramento area. I was able to get $1200 off sticker and each of 3 dealers I visited had inventory. One had 8 Prius on the lot, the others had 4-5. One sales rep told me that the dealerships were begging Toyota for more cars in July/August, but it takes 6-8 weeks to get cars. By the time some of that giant order arrived, the tax credit had dropped and so had gas prices.

But with the Opec promising to cut 1.7mm barrels in Dec, I'd not bet that gas will stay this low for long. I think now is probably the best time to buy a Prius in the past 2 years.

7. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Stormy day here in Ct,Just checked a few local dealer sites and seeing about 30% more listings.You may get a great deal on a leftover 06.I just saw a 06 package 7 for $25,915 marked down from 28,375.