1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius driver's version of hell

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abq sfr, Sep 7, 2007.

1. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not that any of us would go there, lets toss around a Prius driver's version of hell. Any other ideas for the devil?

Hell: Endless traffic lights 1/4 mile apart with 70 mph speed limit in between; endless H1s in front and 2 feet from your back bumper; 130 degrees so your AC is sucking up your ICE; you can never go more than 7 mph so never get any brake regen; its ALL uphill; your spouse thinks you're lost; and your kids need to go potty!

2. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ Sep 7 2007, 06:44 AM) [snapback]508533[/snapback]</div>
    Thats not so bad. Real hell would be having to drive one of those H1's instead of a Prius.

3. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ Sep 7 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]508533[/snapback]</div>
    If I can't go more than 7 mph, then the 70 mph speed limit doesn't really matter.

If the lights are 1/4 mile apart, then I should be able to see the next one and perhaps time it a bit so I don't have to use the brakes (especially if nobody is getting much higher than 7 mph anyhow), so I shouldn't really need the regen. (Unless of course the lights change randomly, or worse yet, the lights are set up to time me and make sure I always have to stop. :eek:

I don't mind the H1 in front of me so much, because I can draft behind him ( at 7 mph? <_< ).

I just ignore the H1 behind me, heck I'm probably his personal hell :D

It's the A/C and the uphill that are the real killers.

I'm assuming the NAV must not be working since the spouse thinks I'm lost, is there a dealer nearby that can fix it? Is the car still within the warrantee time period and miles? I assume not. :huh:

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ Sep 7 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]508543[/snapback]</div>
    Hard to argue with that one! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Sep 7 2007, 09:33 AM) [snapback]508559[/snapback]</div>
    the lanes on either side are going 70 trying to pass you and get between you and the H1 in front. I got package 2 so no Nav. Oh... YOUR Nav has the voice of Rosanne!

5. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ Sep 7 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]508533[/snapback]</div>
    Lone Prius on the freeway full of large SUV's, no exit for 100 miles, and a blinking pip.

PA P

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Let's see my typical drive:

Endless traffic lights 1/4 mile apart (or stop signs): check

130 degrees so your AC is sucking up your ICE: Not 130, but muggy enough so the AC runs constantly; I'll call this a check.

ts ALL uphill: Coming back, it's more uphill than not; going there, even though it's a lot of downhill, my engine is still warming up, so it doesn't matter.

OMG, I live in Hell!

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    worst of all would be having to sell the prius...

8. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Driving in Portland, OR. Of course that really isn't specific to the Prius but having recently gone through that excruciating experience I thought I'd through that out there.

9. echase

echase New Member

The 2017 prius ships with a small cold fusion reactor, and never needs refueling. By government mandate it is only available for drivers of the Hummer H1, as a trade-in.

Alternate hell: Toyota contracts Microsoft to provide the software that runs the Prius. A government "safety" recall mandates all owners have the new software installed.

Prius Heaven: Apple partners with toyota for the design of the new prius. It has a high efficiency mode that does automatic P&G, Ultracapacitors, Plug-In mode and solar panels... oh, and because that is not great enough it also has a built-in espresso machine and will give you a manicure when parked. Of course if you want one in the first year it will cost $95,000, and it can only use Exxon fuel.

10. pottedmeat

pottedmeat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenkeeper @ Sep 7 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]508663[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately for you, Apple/Toyota cuts the price by $20k two months after you've already bought one.

Fortunately for you, they're offering you a free travel mug as compensation.

11. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think having it taken away would qualify as hell for most of us.