1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The psychology of politics, and defense of the Iraq debacle

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by EricGo, Jan 17, 2007.

1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/6438edc0-a672-11db...00779e2340.html

from the article:
    We saw these types during Watergate, too – Mr Bush’s father, then chairman of the Republican national committee, was one of them. The greatest was the comically loyal Earl Landgrebe, a now forgotten Indiana congressman. “Don’t confuse me with the facts,†Mr Landgrebe said the day before Mr Nixon resigned. “I’m going to stick with my president even if he and I have to be taken out of this building and shot.†That remains the default Republican position. It is going to be sorely tested in the months ahead.

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Over my 30 years of voting and being aware of politics, I have noticed rebublicans to be more likely to question and go against the established "leadeship" than democrats. Plent of republicans criticize Bush. It was rare to hear a democrat criticize Clinton....wait...that was because he was perfect...right!!!!!

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jan 18 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]377458[/snapback]</div>
    Oh Puleeze, How could he be perfect?? We all know the 6 year neocon mantra 'it's all Clinton's fault".

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Speaking of merry-go-round's I see the crats are at it again. Up until just a month or so ago Bush had screwed up by not sending in enough troops to Iraq to accomplish the job. Now that Bush want's to send in more the crats are against it. LOL! :lol: They don't want America to win and they will use anything to gain political power.

Just goes to show that the crats could care less about our servicemen, terrorism, America or the voters. The hypocritical left just wants power. The Iraq War and Terrorism is just politics to them and a way to achieve that power. It still amazes me how many sheeple there are that swallow this coprology.

Wildkow

p.s. Edited to remove some comments.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure, sure...and now, let's talk about paying for all of this, shall we...?

6. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 18 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]377520[/snapback]</div>
    Mission Accomplished. WMDs destroyed. Saddam Dead. Bring our troops home.

[​IMG]

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jan 18 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]377520[/snapback]</div>
    Uh. no. We leftists never wanted more troops there. Sending one troop was sending one too many.

It's the Conservatives who want to see even more dead troops so they're demanding an escalation. Why DO Conservatives hate America so much?

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jan 18 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]377458[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, yes, another trip to Bizarro World. Meanwhile, here on Earth, leftists realized Clinton was no liberal (just as SOME conservatives are waking up to the fact that Bush Jr. is no conservative). It's just that when you have a guy who did SOME things right, of course he looks like a knight in shining armor compared with someone who has done EVERYTHING wrong.

Also on Earth, since the Right Wing insists everyone give the correct answer to their political questions, I have never seen a single right-wing pundit even begin to start to speculate that Bush might be wrong about something, at least not before they were given the good wake-up call of the 2006 election.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan, 03:13 PM) [snapback]378009[/snapback]</div>
    Why, oh why.

10. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 19 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]378009[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I think it was Colin Powell and General Shinseki (sp?), subsequently fired, who wanted a lot more troops. A lot of folks, like Scott Ritter, for example, tried to warn us there were no WMDs. Water under the bridge, though, now. Bring the troops on home.

11. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 19 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]378145[/snapback]</div>
    Not only that, as usual, the cons forget that they said that they had enough all along and now THEY are the ones changing their story. Typical con reasoning. They're side's guilty of something so they say that the democrats are guilty of it.