1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The REALLY smart thing for Toyota to do with HLH

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Dianne, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

The smart thing for Toyota to do, right now, even before things are finalized with the Highlander Hybrid is to ask dealers or customers to put themselves on a database for contact, updates, and orders. They could have all sorts of disclaimers about pricing being not yet set, color choices could change without notice, and options varying as production nears etc.

Then, they could sort their buyers by color, models, options, zip codes, etc and they'd get great demographics like prior hybrid experience, and previous Toyota ownership --- and ONLY sort the ones who choose a specific dealership. That way, the dealer would know they have a buyer at MSRP, and a deal if they make sure the car gets ordered and confirmed. I am certain, as time floats by and Toyota sells so many more cars than they even expected, they can afford the manpower to do this.

This would serve the customer, and the customer first and foremost. It would also pretty much eliminate added markups being the norm, and best off -- send the right car in the right color with the right options to the right store - for YOU!

Dianne

2. harryg

harryg New Member

04 tideland bc
    Port Townsend, Wa

Dianne, if Toyota was smart they would hire you to take care of logistics!
    I would! I enjoy your postings and info!

Harry

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

OooOOo Harry

Harry, I'd love to do it too --- and prius as well. But, I couldn't take that kind of pay cut. :: snicker ::

Dianne

4. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dianne: As a dealer, have you told Toyota about your idea? I think Toyota lost a lot of people to Honda Civics and VW TDI's because of really bad customer service to people waiting for cars. Hope they've learned from that.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

ohmygoodness

If you only knew. I know I have been heard .. but are the Japanese who make the decisions listening?
    :X

6. insolarman

insolarman New Member

HLH

Dianne,
    I spoke these same concerns to the TOyota web service about not losing sales because of the 6 month wait on product. When I attempted to pre-purchase a new Highlander, the dealers had absolutely no information, but to tell me to add $5,000 to the MSRP and they would take a $500 deposit.
    I cannot believe after all the delays in the Prius manufacturing that Toyota would fall back into the same old drawn out corporate backlog on information and production, but it appears after they further delayed the supposed fall 04 release into the spring 05 release, my fears have been realized.
    I wonder how all their vendors must feel not knowing how much to gear up without a justifiable backorder quantity and once again the delay will be extended.

7. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Re: HLH

It's very possible that they have yet to set pricing at all on this car. Why do you all think it's a big secret -- perhaps it's still undecided. That happens. It's what I believe to be the case for this car.