1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The road home: First day experience

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xxxlmpg, May 29, 2006.

1. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

So, another first day/drive experience, but it's a right of passage here.

Picked up my magnetic gray from Longo Toyota in LA this morning. Quick, painless experience. In and out in 15 minutes. Tank was topped off, diet pepsi in the cup holder and hit road. First 183 miles (5 North to San Francisco) I averaged 56.3 mpg. This was at an average speed of 59-63 mph and drafted a semi the entire way (except up the Grapevine). My thought was to to that all the way to SF, but I broke and had to drive like my old self. the remaining 200 miles I averaged 75-87 mph, which brought down my average to 43.7 mpg for the trip. That is about 4x what I got in my 4x4 - what a difference.

My back hurts from the seat, but I think I'm just getting old, or maybe its because I didn't get out of the car three times to fill up and stretch.

Anyway, I am glad to the wait is over and I can stop being a voyeur in this forum. Now, if I could just get my treo 650 to pair with the %$@$ bluetooth.

Can't wait to play with all the bells and whistles and to laugh all the way to the gas station, once per month!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxxlmpg @ May 28 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]262253[/snapback]</div>

Found solution for GSM Treo problem: Just tried it and it works, at least the pairing problems is solved.

From another forum:

jeff.pittelkau wrote:
    Wondering how others have faired using a Treo 650 with a Toyota Prius. My experience has been tolerable after downloading and installing the car kit upgrade, available here: www.palmone.com are some of the quirks I have experienced:

# Initial pairing does not complete (the Prius seems to wait forever and eventually cancels) unless I place a call (any call will do, e.g. to 611).

# Call waiting seems to confuse things and result in both calls being lost. Sometimes the pairing between the Prius and Treo fails at that point. (My workaround has been to disable call waiting when I am using the Treo in the car.)

# On incoming calls, I need to press the green call pickup button on the Prius in-dash display to get the call routed to the speakerphone. If I answer on the phone itself, the car system knows the call was answered but the audio is not routed.

# There is a long delay in connecting to the speakerphone when placing calls from the phone itself. Usually, the person has already answered and said "Hello" before I can hear anything (or their outgoing voicemail message has finished playing already).

Anybody else have any Treo or Prius Bluetooth pairing quirks or discover any good workarounds?