1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The South Park 'Hybrid' episode

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bgdrewsif, Mar 29, 2006.

1. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG... He's driving around a Prius... Its only been 2 minutes and this is already hillarious...

Gee... any hybrid owners in San Francisco??? :p

And Mr. Brofloski bought theHybrid Decal from the Prius Chat shot it seems!

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, I've been laughing pretty hard too.

Just up to the first commercial now. Impressions are that regardless of the end-message, the awareness is fantastic. After all, even negative publicity has proven to be beneficial.

By the way, those names in the back of the windows are great... like "Pious" and "Hindsight".

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Mar 29 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]232114[/snapback]</div>

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Yes I noticed that too... Brilliant!!! Although I have not quite figured out the whole 'fart sniffing thing'... Its still funny though.... </span> :D

Drive hybrid cars and not be smug about it??? What kind of crap is that??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The recent attention drawn to ethanol has brought out the worst in the anti-hybrid crowd. Their fear of hybrids evolving to both take advantage of that renewable fuel as an energy source while at the same time also taking advantage of more electricity is rapidly becoming their worse nightmare. So the antagonistic response has been to misrepresent those supporting hybrids.

Seeing that the creators of South Park tonight were on top of the situation was great. There isn't actually any smug storm. No one is forcing anyone to abandon their current vehicle, but hybrid owners are suggesting that the new vehicles are more responsible.

It's just too darn funny and so perfectly timed. They blew that supposed attitude way out of proportion... well beyond what even the anti-hybrid wanted. It pointed out how ridiculous things have become. Of course, that fact itself actually does make me feel a little bit smug. But then again, some of the retaliation has included outright lies. And the auto market's self-destructive nature of ever-growing vehicle size & power was absurd. The ending "doom" was inevitable. It might as well arrive with a good laugh.