1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Spectra Blue Mica Prius Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by A Prime Factor, Jan 12, 2008.

?
  1. Spectra Blue Belle

30 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Spectra Blue Dude

72 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Loser stuck with a different color Prius

27 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Not a Prius owner

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You knew it was coming, didn't you.

I've included a poll, just for fun.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Living in the hotbed of Prii here in Northern California, it took till today to see my first Spectra Blue in person.

Nice color! If my Prius were to be destroyed, I think I would replace it with a Spectra Blue Prius . . . only because Salsa Red is no longer available. :p

P.S. None of the poll options works for me.

3. offsides

offsides New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's official - they found me my Spectra Blue Mica Prius and will have it for me next week. While it may be exauguration, he claims I'll have the only one in the Tri-State (in this case PA/NJ/DE (Philly)) area :D. I must say that I'm looking forward to it! I just hope my wife doesn't get jealous if my car looks better than hers (blue '05 Mazda 6)...

Josh

4. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations, offsides. I had to wait seven weeks for mine. If I had gotten a package 6, I would only have had to wait one day. I know the dealer has sold a few in that color this fall (just no package 5). In that time, I have only seen one on the road.

Please post pictures, if/when you have them. I don't have any yet because of a) the weather, b) now it's dirty, c) I haven't washed it yet because of the dang weather. So it's two-tone right now. Spectra Blue on top and Road Salt Gray on the bottom. :(

5. faaaaaaq

faaaaaaq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I figure I must be one of the lucky ones. I walked onto the dealers lot on Dec 18th and drove home my Spectra Blue Prius that night. I didn't want any other color and would have walked if that one wasn't available.

BTW, this is my first post here on PriusChat.

6. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    you missed the "dude whose happy their prius doesnt look like a toy" response

7. rzimmer2

rzimmer2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been wanting to buy a Prius for several years now, and decided to wait to see which colors the 2008 model would be available in. I LOVE the Spectra Blue Mica color, and was lucky to be able to buy it right off of the lot -- almost -- when I went Prius shopping in December '07.

I was told by other Toyota dealerships that Package 5 wasn't available in Spectra Blue Mica. I'm glad I didn't settle for another color, and kept searching until I found exactly the car I wanted.

I've yet to see another SBM '08 Prius on the road, but I'll honk, smile, and wave when I see one someday...

For now, I'm enjoying being unique.

8. Kevin_in_SB

Kevin_in_SB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

He is just mad because he picked Black before Blue came out.

Yankee fan in Boston LMAO

9. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yankee fans keep the faith where ever they are, theres nothing special about Boston

but back to the topic

no black is the clearly the best color with red and white coming in second and third and id defintely choose it again

however I will give you this: id choose blue anyday over that ugly pine mica, really looks like throw up

10. leftheaded

leftheaded Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hmmm this spectra blue is invigorating... I might have to put some spectra blue flames or lightening bolts on my classic silver :eek::cool:

lol

11. composter

composter The Hermit

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ....Small exaggeration....I got mine (Package #2) one week ago today in Clinton NJ

Still haven't seen any others on the road. I'll be looking for you!

12. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    we love the color! Gets dirty easily, but not as bad as black!

Attached Files:

13. Kevin_in_SB

Kevin_in_SB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just bustin chops glad to see you can take it.:D

14. ElMariachi

ElMariachi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Two-blue

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum though I've been reading posts since '06, when my wife and I did our research before buying our first Prius on the last day of September (Seaside Pearl, pkg. 6), one day before the federal tax credit was cut in half. Since then we've shared the Prius along with our aging Subaru, depending on who had the longest drive ahead of them that day.

New car #2 was budgeted for this year, so when it came time to shop, we realized that we were so pleased with the Prius that all things would be compared against it anyway, so we went on the hunt for another one.

So yesterday, we purchased Prius #2, this time in Spectra Blue w/ pkg. 6. We e-mailed or called every Toyota dealer within a 200-mile radius and stumbled upon a dealer in northern VA (1 hour away) who had exactly what we wanted in stock (and for a decent price). Now we are a two-blue-Prius family!

15. ElMariachi

ElMariachi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Two-blue

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum though I've been reading posts since '06, when my wife and I did our research before buying our first Prius on the last day of September (Seaside Pearl, pkg. 6), one day before the federal tax credit was cut in half. Since then we've shared the Prius along with our aging Subaru, depending on who had the longest drive ahead of them that day.

New car #2 was budgeted for this year, so when it came time to shop, we realized that we were so pleased with the Prius that all things would be compared against it anyway, so we went on the hunt for another one.

So yesterday, we purchased Prius #2, this time in Spectra Blue w/ pkg. 6. We e-mailed or called every Toyota dealer within a 200-mile radius and stumbled upon a dealer in northern VA (1 hour away) who had exactly what we wanted in stock (and for a decent price). Now we are a two-blue-Prius family!

16. ElMariachi

ElMariachi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    PS: Sorry about the double-post. First-time-cluelessness.

17. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    sorry, youre in the wrong place, black and white arent even colors and red is so yesteryear, spectra blue mica is the undisputed best color in the universe..at night it sparkles under the moonlight like a diamond, in the daylight it's metalflake shines thru and looks like a big NY Giants Helmet. :p

18. fatdawg

fatdawg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am digging this color, I have the exact same color for my GS300! I love my White Prius with HOV stickers though. Does anyone have any high quality pics of their Spectra Blue that you can post? I'd appreciate it, maybe I can help get rid of this feeling of wanting to buy one...

19. jammin012

jammin012 The man behind The Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Salsa Red is my #1 followed closely by Spectra Blue

20. BellaRose

BellaRose New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I LOVE my Spectra Blue. Its just over a month old now.
    I knew I loved to drive before, but this is different... :D
    Perma-Smile!