1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Spotlight is on but nobody's looking.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is no doubt the slickest political move I have ever seen.

The retirement of Rummy was carefully staged by Bush, Rummy and Rove to take the spotlight off the Left’s election victory and it worked!

Along with the others stepping down most if not all the attention has been stolen from the Left's election victory and we all know how badly they crave and need the attention! Few if any are paying attention to them or what they are saying.

The Left has been so dumbfounded, stunned and PISSED by this no wonder that on this board and elsewhere the left is still reeling around spewing out hate and bile when they could be picking up points with the public for the 08 election by being magnanimous and bi-partisan.

[attachmentid=5649] Brilliant!!

[attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648]!PLAYED! [attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648][attachmentid=5648]

Wildkow

p.s. Magnanimous and bi-partisan? Do the demoncrats do that?

Attached Files:

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Uh, has Rush been slipping you his Oxycontin again?

Most popular story, as of this post, on CNN.com: New Dems may shake up party

Four of the five U.S. News stories on Google News are about the Election.

NPR.org - top story is about election.

Only on FoxNews.com (of course!) would you not know there had been an election.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Another joke?

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 11 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]347368[/snapback]</div>
    Not too good, as you can see. We demoncrats have been out of the cockpit for a while and need some help at the controls.

Do you think you could point us in the general direction of the Reflublican guide book on these two important subjects?

5. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 11 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]347503[/snapback]</div>
    Not much of use will be found there. Magnanimity, bi-partisanship, mutual respect, grace, seeking common ground, adherence to fact - all of these are discussed in the "Republican's Guide to Total Domination Overnight" in the chapter titled "Never Let These Quaint Notions Ever Get In Your Way" - the pages of which I suspect are the most semen-stained in the entire pamphlet.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Bush's approval rating is the lowest yet, 31% according to a Newsweek poll released today. America is finally waking up.

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Nov 11 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]347536[/snapback]</div>
    I find your choice of words crass an unrefined. Use a Thesaurus or a Slang Dictionary next time and a little common sense in your choice of words, please edit.

I would like to point out that there are no charges of voter fraud or recounts unlike the last two elections.

Wildkow

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov, 04:28 PM) [snapback]347545[/snapback]</div>
    Sure there are. Just not to the same extent.

Off the top of my head:
    Orange County CA: Mailers sent out warning that immigrants attempting to vote will be arrested.
    Misleading phone calls under investigation by the FBI.
    Ann Coulter voting in the wrong precinct.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 11 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]347503[/snapback]</div>
    Ha GOTCHA! Right there see it?!? You misspelled Republican! Nyah, Nyah,, , , oH! . . :huh: I see now…. How dare you! :angry: This intentional misspelling of the Grand Ol' Party's more common name is not only specious but an affront of a highly insulting nature. :lol: I will speak of this no more. :eek: :blink:

Wildkow

p.s. Daniel this is a joke, don't get your "Tighty Whities" in a bundle. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 11 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]347553[/snapback]</div>
    Not from the Reflublic ! er. . . . Republican, candidates or party.

Wildkow

10. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 11 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]347545[/snapback]</div>
    That is because, on account of the touch-screen machines and optical scanners that are used in Virginia, “recounts†consist of re-tabulating the votes from the existing counts to ensure that the end-of-the-day tallies were summed accurately. Essentially, it involves an election official hitting the reprint button and then saying "oh the results are the same that we already printed. All fine here."

New York Times - In Virginia, Webb Is Confident

Allen knew that in past Virginia elections results rarely changed after certification and that there was no way he could have overcome Webb's 7,000 votes margin of victory.

It had nothing to do with magnitude or good sportsmanship.

11. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 11 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]347555[/snapback]</div>
    Oh Kow,

You make my milk curdle!

The misspelling was a response to your own in "demoncrat." I was just trying to be bipartisan in our insults. What's good for ewe is good for the ram, wether or not. (An old barnyard joke I'm sure ewer familiar with.) :D

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Nov 11 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]347536[/snapback]</div>
    :p :D :p :D :p :D :p
    Thank you!

13. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 11 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]347545[/snapback]</div>
    I find your choice of words crass and unrefined.[/b][/quote]
    Touched a nerve, did I? Tsk tsk.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 11 2006, 06:20 PM) [snapback]347542[/snapback]</div>
    What's your point?

He's a two term President, what, he needs higher approval ratings to he can get that top job at Haliburton or something???? Or does he need an approval rating of at least 45% to qualify for a member discount at the exclusive Yale golf club in Tahiti???

:lol:

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 12 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]347689[/snapback]</div>
    No, but he needs one if he ever hopes to have a Republican in the White House after next election. *shudder*

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov, 12:06 AM) [snapback]347689[/snapback]</div>
    What, are you blind? It's a reflection on the party. The House was thumped. The Senate was thumped. The Defense Secretary was booted. And after all that turnover, the President sinks deeper. This isn't about one person or a few people. Its about the whole party. Things have gotten seriously off-track, and they need to get re-routed. Get a clue.

17. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Collective America has an attention span equal to that of a 5 year old autistic boy hopped up on sugar.

Trade towers? Not ringing a bell...
    Elections? Oh yea, who won?

Christmas spending... I sure hope at least two of those credit card offers I applied for come in the mail in time!!

18. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 11 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]347368[/snapback]</div>
    If the Republicans had been even smarter, they would have fired the bum two days before the election. That may have changed some votes.

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Nov 12 2006, 04:11 AM) [snapback]347746[/snapback]</div>
    It would have had to been earlier than that. Plenty of people are now using mail in ballots. That makes last minute attempts at manipulation through the media moot.

20. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 12 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]347872[/snapback]</div>
    Washington State allows and even encourages permanent absentee balloting. You register as a permanent absentee voter, and without doing anything else, you are mailed an absentee ballot for every election. You can then mail in the ballot, or bring it to a polling place on election day.

I don't actually remember requesting it, but I get my ballot in the mail every election.

BTW, have you heard about the ballot that arrived somewhere (invalid because it was not signed, or something) bearing a very old collector-quality stamp estimated to be worth half a million dollars? Reported today on NPR. The envelope actually had a number of old and valuable stamps, as they were of lower denominations, to make up the needed 86 cents worth of postage.